“Pretty good”
Review of Chula Vista Resort

Chula Vista Resort
Ranked #54 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

I am actually in the room on vacation as I write this. The place is pretty good. I have a 2 bedroom condo and the space is huge and my kids love the hot tub in the room. The kitchen is nice and the two bathrooms. But the room could use updating. The carpet is nasty. There are holes and stains all over it. The towels in the rooms are so hard and small and my husband showered and his towel had a blood stain on it!

The Waterpark is nice. It’s November so we are using the indoor one. Would have been nice to know that it is under construction and some of the slides are closed. The need way more tables in the Waterpark for people to sit. The water isn’t to cold so that’s nice. The underground tunnel is super nice! Front desk lady was super nice and friendly but the rest of the employees are very stand offish and kinda rude.

I am as super disappointed in the game room! Way way smaller than I expected. Probably smallest one out of all the resorts we have stayed at. My sons are super disappointed. Not to mention the games are expensive!!! $20 would get you nothing maybe play like 5 games. And you have to have a million tickets to get anything. We may going into town for another arcade place for the kids to play.

Also this is the first resort we have stayed at that does NOT have a sweet shop! The kids are super disappointed with that. They love to stop and pick out some goodies for our trip. That was a huge shock all other resorts have that.

Overall nice place but they need to definitely update some parts of the condos. Start with the carpet. We have one more day here for the kids to play. I would come back and like to see the outdoor Waterpark in the summer.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Becky V, Guest Relations Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Jennifer Q-

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoy your stay in our condos! We will pass your comments along to our mangement team. We hope to see you back this summer!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,267)

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

We have only been here once before, years ago, and didn't enjoy it but we decided to try it one more time. HUGE mistake!! First, we were greeted by a very rude desk employee. Then the whole reason we chose this place, the rollercoaster waterside, was closed without any mention of that while reserving our room or while checking in. Pissed doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about that. Then in the lazy river, there were kids not in tubes and ramming into people and kicking people and the lifeguards said not a word. So we move to the hot tub...yet another huge mistake. There was a ridiculous amount of kids in there splashing around and stepping on and hitting people and blocking the stairs completely and refusing to move for people. Then there was someone with a tiny baby in there and another couple totally grinding away right in the middle of the tub. No lifeguard in sight. So we went to a waterpark hotel and spent a whole whopping hour, maybe, in there. Such a joke and I wish we would have gone somewhere else. Thankfully the room is nice enough since we are spending all our time in it instead of swimming.

1  Thank Ohman2boys
Becky V, Guest Relations Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Ohmanboys-

We are sorry to hear about the frustrations you experienced during your stay. We will pass your comments along to our Aquatics Director and Mangement team. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Everything we experienced at this hotel was A++++ from check in to check out. There was one elevator in the condo part of the hotel that was not working but there were other elevators located on each floor (which I found out after I walked up 4 flights of stairs). I will definately go back to the Chula Vista when visiting again.

Room Tip: I was emailed an offer to upgrade to a suite for $14 extra per night. It was worth it...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Becky V, Guest Relations Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Holly H-

Thank you for your review. We are glad you had a great stay! We are excited for your return!

Reviewed 18 November 2017

I just returned from a large group meeting at Chula Vista over 4 days. My comments seemed to be echoed but many of my colleagues.

The lighting in the rooms was very minimal to the extent that it was very difficult to see clothing in the hang up open closet and the bathroom lighting was poor and the fans are reported as very loud in a number of rooms, mine included. A number of the wall switches did not energize anything.

The water pressure in my bathroom was very low ( floor 5).

The wifi thoughout the hotel complex was virtually unusable.

The housekeeping was spotty at best- I had a wet shower mat on the floor for two days for example.

The hotel does not provide soap but instead dispensers only and as one of my colleagues said one needs to wonder who touched those before me.

The complex is confusing and spread out longitudinally so bring your walking shoes.

The staff was very friendly that was a positive; the only restaurant was ok but one morning we were handed a coffee pot with soap suds on the outside.

I will be stringy urging my group not to return there.

Jim M-

Thank you for your feedback. We will pass your comments along to our housekeeping department and mangement team. We are currently working on creating new navigational signage. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here based on a friend of our recommending the place. While the staff was friendly, there were many flaws. I called each day for service to our room while we were gone so when we'd return my 1 year old could take her nap. Each day it wasn't done! I've never stayed at an establishment that is that lax on taking care of guests. I ended up calling for trash bags and a sponge and cleaned up myself before we checked out.
The Murphy bed was rigged and extremely uncomfortable as well as the other 2 queen beds. Makes you wonder when the mattresses were rotated or even changed out!
I also had no idea that slides were shut down or attractions were unavailable until after check in. Everything was heavily doused in chlorine and we were later told that someone deficated in the hot tub. There was also green mold in places! Overall, it was a hot mess!
As a result, my children are all sick and I am too. We were so looking forward to having a fun place to go. Maybe we'll give you another try in the near future.

1  Thank Christine S
Becky V, Guest Relations Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Christine S-

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about the frustrations you experienced during your stay. Please check your private messages. We hope you will decide to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

First our room was only some what cleaned. When we walked in the room first thing we saw laying in the middle of the floor was a glove. How was this not vacuumed up by the cleaning staff? When we went to use the ice bucket it was half full of water. We had to wait over 90 minutes to get a new plastic bag for the bucket. We only had hand towels in the bathroom no towels or washcloths. We met up with our friends and called down to the restaurant followed the prompts on the phone to leave our order. Sent someone down to make sure they got the order. He was told they didn't have that order. He tried to give the manager the written order and was told he had to call it in. We called the first time at 6pm we finally got our food after 9pm. Then in the morning one of our disabled friends starting calling at 7:45 to have a bellhop bring her a cart so she could get her bags down to the lobby. She kept calling and calling. I went to the desk and was told the bellhop couldn't find a luggage rack to help her. I found a luggage rack and asked to have the bellhop go help her. I was very rudely told to go help her myself. Are you kidding me ?? Since when is it my job to provide customer service to your customers??? NEVER AGAIN. I belong to many Child Care Organizations I will be sharing with them and strongly encouraging them not to have any more conferences at Chula Vista.

3  Thank Christy H
Becky V, Guest Relations Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Christy H-

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the frustrations you experienced during your stay. We will pass your comments along to our Housekeeping department and management team. If you would like to further discuss your stay please do not hesitate to reach out to us at info@chulavistaresort.com or call (608)678-3119. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Stayed there the weekend of Halloween 10/27-10/29 and on Saturday we heard a loud noise first in the hallway...my daughter stated that was the fire alarm..then we heard the noise in the condo...we quickly gathered everyone (8) of us and dashed out the room...everyone was in the hallway panicking...we all darted for the stairs..that is when I noticed an elderly lady across the hall from me scared and crying..I stopped to help her...we were on the highest floor the sixth floor..made it down to the first floor and was met by smoke...we were informed someone had a fog machine...got the all clear...returned to the room and between 11:30pm and midnight the alarm went off again...this time we were all in the bed and I had to get up a one year old and a nine month infant and run right back out the condo to find out it was a false alarm and a drunk guest set it off. AT THIS TIME ITIS AFTER MIDNIGHT and I could not get the babies to go back to sleep. They finally dozed off at about 6 am and then I tried to get sleep but had to be up at 8 am to go to the club presentation. I WAS SO TIRED THATI REALLY DID NOT PAY ATTENTION and the one year old went right back to sleep during the presentation. The Presentation was over at 11 am and check out was at noon.. I had time enough to pack up and hit the road for a 2 hour drive...I stopped at the main front desk and the concierge lady took my info and told me someone would call me in 72 hours..today is Nov 7, 2017 and I HAVE ET TO RECEIVE THAT PHONE CALL. My older kids was so looking forward to staying here...we have stayed here several time in the past ten years but had not been back since 2010. my 9 YEAR OLD is sacred that if we return we might be trapped in areal fire this time and we were on the top floor.. I use to love this place.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Becky V, Guest Relations Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Tony O-

We are so sorry about all the issues you encountered during your stay with us. Please check y our private messages.