Wilderness Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$59
Ramada Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$67
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$89
Day's End Motel(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$54
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
US$130
US$139
Kalahari Resorts & Conventions(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$160
Groupon.com
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$85
Baker's Sunset Bay Resort(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$76
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$69
3,092 results
All reviewswave poolwater parkmini golfklondike kavernindoor waterglacier canyonall agesbumper boatslaser tagblack holeropes coursezip linefun passindoor parkslazy riverkids eat freewild waterdome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Came here with our 4 kids for Spring break. We stayed in the largest suite which was 2 queen beds and a fold out couch. Room needs updating and felt like a large dorm room. Way overpriced. Hotel amenities are good but unfortunately we had to return to our room every evening. Will definitely look at other options next time we come to the Dells.

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Just as the title says, we love The Wilderness but disappointed after a recent experience. I will add that we make a winter and summer trip to The Wilderness Resort in the Dells so we are regulars that support them year after year.

The issue: While my wife was relaxing in the hot tub, a sign fell from above and struck her face causing injury. The lifeguards were quick to assist and cleaned the wound. After making notificiation to the Resort Manager Patrick Steiner, she was given the cold shoulder and advised her "The Wilderness doesn't do anything". My wife suffered soreness where the sign hit her face but thankfully will not require stiches.

This incident has opened our eyes to what is important to The Wilderness; certainly not the safety and satisfaction of their guests. Hopefully you will not have to deal with Patrick, because customer service and compassion is something he doesn't provide.

Patrick-->>Compassion: the humane quality of understanding the suffering of others and wanting to do something about it.....<--keep practicing-you'll get the hang of it!

We'll probably return to The Wilderness but now this may give us incentive to look around for our upcoming summer trip.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank sclabrl
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Stayed at the condos which were very nice and spacious. Shuttles went to the hotel and waterparks. Condo was clean, beds were OK. One of the burners on the stove didn't work and the DVD players were pretty chinzy. There was 4 bedrooms and 11 people and plenty of room. They only give 2 parking passes so if you have more than 2 cars, you need to acquire an extra pass or park in a parking lot that is a bit of a walk. All in all I'd stay in the condo again.

Room Tip: The further from the main lobby, the longer the walk.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Booked a vacation here. The first thing that irked me is that the room rate that shows up is $99 per night for what we wanted. "Wow!" I thought. A bargain! But then you read the fine print and that is really the "average rate" per evening. The Thursday night reservation was $99. The Friday night reservation is $130. The Saturday night reservation jumps to $180! Is there any difference at all in the rooms between Wednesday and Saturday? I could certainly accept a slight bump, but 90%? I am no math genius, but it seems that $99 would not be the "average" of those rates... that would be the M-TH rate. The web site seems designed to trick people. We decided to do it anyway because our son was so excited after seeing the pictures of the water park online. Then we had a family situation arise. I had to cancel the reservation. I mentioned on the phone we had some difficult family circumstances and needed to cancel our trip. Yay! $20 handling fee! Yes, we knew about this fee in advance but no one books a vacation imagining something will come up. It took a one-minute phone call to cancel this reservation and it cost me $20. Because of this fee, I am not exactly inclined to reschedule. Families taking vacations are stretching their budgets as it is, but this policy shows a complete lack of regard for families in tight times. I am just waiting for their PR person to jump on here telling me to read the fine print and give me some PR spin (used to be in TV news so please don't give me the PR treatment). $20 is food on our table. Save the explanations. Tired of PR trolls responding to well deserved negative reviews. BTW... We are canceling a full month before our trip. They do not deserve our $20. Shame on you for having this policy that amounts to theft!

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank R0adTrip2011
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We had a great 2night stay. Room was perfect for our party of 11. We stayed in glacier canyon and be prepared to walk pretty far to get to waterparks. I liked the exercise so didn't mind the trek, but for someone not prepared to walk...Ughhh! Possibly would go back during summer to do again, seems like people would be more spread out inside & outside, and not on top of one another.

• Stayed: March 2012