“Average.. all I can say”
Review of Gilly's Island - CLOSED

Gilly's Island
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The food in Gilly's is average. The price is average, the taste is average, the quality is average, the service is average.. not a bad place.. it's just average. There are better places in town in my opinion.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I wasnt too fond of this place. Just keep walking down to Monks!! Im not quite sure what the theme was. Is it tropical? Is it German? But thats besides the point. I went with one other adult and two children. No one sat us at first and we kind of had to find our own seats. We ordered an appetizer and waited...waited...waited and finally when our curds came out they were over cooked crispy garbage. I ordered a bbq sandwich (i figured it was my safest bet) one child orders the kids mac n cheese and the other two people ordered the double hamburger special. The other adult at the table ordered a beer and it was very obvious that the tap lines are not clean as he had me taste the beer too. I can hear a microwave beeping in the back room confirming that they nuke the food seeing as my daughter's mac and cheese was nothing but sticky garbage. The burgers were good but too small according to the two that ordered them. My sandwich was okay, alittle dry but it did the job. I went to put some of that homemade BBQ sauce on my sandwich and the serving spoon was sticky and obviously used and the jar of sauce I just didnt trust anymore.I am not a person who likes to complain or to be negitive, I always give things the benefit of the doubt but not this time. I really wanted to say something to the management, but Im not looking for a free meal and Im sure he is aware of the crappyness of his restaurant and I will not eat there again so I didnt think it was necessary. I dont see it being around the next time we are in the Dells. Sorry

Reviewed July 17, 2013

While walking Downtown, we came across Gilly's. It looked simple yet friendly, so we decided to stop and eat dinner. First, the waiter could not have been friendlier, he was upbeat, friendly and quick. The food was tasty with very ample portions. The next day for lunch, before leaving Wisconsin Dells, we decided to go back to Gilly's for lunch (a specific request from the kids), so we did, and again the same prompt, friendly service. The owner was our server, and he made it a point to engage in conversation, ask about our trip, and made us feel like we were valuable customers. I was for sure impressed with the sense of pride he had in his establishment, and made sure that the next time we came back to the Dell's we would stop back in.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

After doing a lot of walking around, we decided to stop at Gilly's for a drink. Great service at the bar! Very upbeat and friendly staff!

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

My family and I went to a place called Gillys island. I was a little bit confused when the outside looking for a minute on the inside look like a tropical paradise. The first time we just went for is here but the second night you want for dinner. There was a lot of brown food and an absolutely no veggies except tomato and onion. The food was okay but they repair was amazing. I had the chicken special and It was okay. I just got a little confused white with tropical paradise and it was German to English to change a couple things with their restaurant. If you want a easy kids night meal then go to gillys Island .