“It's kind of ok” 3 of 5 bubbles

Mt. Olympus Resort
Ranked #64 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“It's kind of ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

When I stayed at the mt Olympus I stayed with my family and we were fine with one room so the first night we stayed in I had a room in the room my younger brothers shared a bed and my parents shared a room and that was fine but the second night we had to move to another room and that room only had 2 beds and there was 5 people so we had to call the hotel and tell them to get us another bed or mattress and I was horrified to find that they gave me a crappy thin twin mattress with wheels

• Stayed February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Hebrew first
Winamac, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

We stayed in a two bedroom suite, that doubled as a time share. The room was not up to par at all. There were marks all over the walls where the paint had been chipped, light bulbs were out, the lighting itself was worthless, and the staff was rude. We definitely won't spend the money to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Nichole3883

Travellers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Crown Point IN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Me, my husband and our two boys ages 13 and 12 stayed here Feb 17th-19th, 2012. We paid $270 for two nights in a room with two queen beds only. Upon check-in you are just about attacked by the time-share people for the Christmas Mountain resort. When you tell them you are not interested they are pretty rude to you. The room was okay, nothing special and the layout really wastes space in the room. We encountered two problems during our short stay. The toilet would not flush, and when we called the front desk they sent down two teenage-looking girls with a plunger. You can guess how that went. After they determined they could not fix the problem, they said they would send maintenance down. After an hour and no maintenance person I called the desk again. It was at least another hour before someone finally came and fixed it. On Saturday morning we got up and got ready to go out for breakfast as this place does not have a restaurant. As we were just about ready to leave, approximately 10:30 am, housekeeping knocked one quick knock and entered our room. Good thing I wasn't naked. I explained to her that we were about to walk out and would be out of our room in two minutes. She agreed and we left quickly. We were not back to our room until about 1:00 pm and housekeeping had not come back. On our way to the waterpark (which is small, lame and dirty by the way), I stopped at the desk and told them that housekeeping never came. She assured me that they would go to our room immediately. We were at the waterpark for a few hours and returned to our room around 4:00 pm. Still no housekeeping. We planned on hanging out in our room for awhile and did not want to have to vacate for them to clean so I called the desk and just asked that they send someone with clean towels as I had already made the beds. This took another two hours. While in our room, the phone rang and my son answered it. He handed the phone to me and I assumed it was the front desk. It was someone from the time-share asking me why we had not "taken advantage" of our tour of Christmas Mountain and wanting me to sign up for a two hour tour. I explained again that as we were only staying 48 hours I was not interested and SHE HUNG UP ON ME! I went down to the front desk and complained about the housekeeping issue AND told them how invasive it was that these sales people called my room and asked for me by name to harrass me. The girl at the desk basically apologized and that was that.

In summary, the waterpark is fine if your kids are under 6. The "amusement park" is a HUGE joke and again is probably fine for the under 6 age group. Be aware, the time share people are set up in there too. We will never stay here again.

1 Thank mom2threestooges
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

This is a great place for families with kids 14 and under. It is reasonably priced compared to the other resorts in the area. Hotel Rome is different from Mykonos Village and many of the other hotel/motel's that have the negative reviews. Hotel Rome is the main hotel that is actually connected to the waterpark. Our room was very clean and large. We had 2 queen beds plus a set of bunk beds, which would be great for a family. The indoor waterpark and indoor themepark are both geared towards younger kids (ages 5-14). Our only real complaint is how thin the walls are. You can hear everything going on everywhere around your room. Anyone walking down the hall, or talking in the hall you can hear it very clearly. Also there were obnoxious kids upstairs from us running back and forth slamming doors and such which we could hear very clearly. On a more personal preference, I wish more of the employees had English as their first language. Sometimes it was very hard to understand what they were saying, but seeing this is Wisconsin Dells, this is to be expected almost everywhere you go.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank k8lyn007
Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I booked a room online at the Mt. Olympus website. I was okay with paying a bit less for what looked like a decent "themed" room that was not attached to the main Hotel Rome/indoor waterpark but still provided the benefit of free access to the park. Little did I know that "Mykonos Village" actually meant "dirty motel". Check-In was still at the Hotel Rome, where we found the hotel staff to be generally short and non-accomodating. I expressed an interest in upgrading due to the dissappointment in just the looks of the exterior of our motel and was told it would cost $200 more PER NIGHT to upgrade, and there was no refund option at that point. So, we drove to our motel hoping that the inside may just actually be as decent as it appeared in the online photo but to our disappointment the inside was in even worse condition than the outside. The hallway was dingy, smelly, and uninviting. Our room was essentially a sub-par motel room with themed wallpaper. We found the door in our room that led directly outside to be unlocked, and the window was unlocked as well. Our room was on the first floor...good thing I double checked before we unloaded all of our belongings and headed out for the day. The door leading into our room from the hall looked as though it had been previously pried open by possibly a crow bar?! The TV rattled continuously when we tried to watch it. When the guests above us flushed their toilet it sounded as though we were being hit by a hurricane. Our room was right next to the back door and everytime someone came in or out the door squeeked and slammed shut loudly...hence no sleep all night. The blankets on the bed were just that...a thin blanket which you normally find between the top sheet and the coverlet. Thankfully the heater worked well or we would have froze because it's February in Wisconsin! The indoor waterpark and themepark were a let down as well...small and little to do. So not worth the money.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank OL2012
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Two adults and four children ages 15, 13, 12 and 7. We had a wonderful time there with a spacious room. We booked a two queen with bunk bed room and it was plenty big for all of us. Our room had the bunk beds sideways which left plenty of room for our bags and seating. The amusement park part was a total blast! The roller coaster was our favorite, the size was perfect and it was an exciting ride. The kids rode it 15 times in one day. The second favorite were the bumper cars. We enjoyed the water park even though it is small. Two tube rides and two body slides, two hot tubs, pirate ship play area and a lazy river. There is also a small pool for swimming and a net climb across area with lily pads to stand/kneel on. It was great to have both the amusement part and the water part at one hotel. The prices on food and drinks at the parks are pricey and of course you aren't allowed to bring your own food or drinks past a certain point. The two arcade areas are hard to avoid since you walk through one of them in the hotel lobby area and the other is in the amusement ride area. The elevator was small but we used the stairs since we were on the second floor. The trip was fun, the room was clean and comfortable, the staff was great and we will be back.

Room Tip: If you are getting a room with two queen and bunk bed ask for the sideways bunk beds you get more sp...
2 Thank jcarston
Skokie, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

This is the first time I went to this resort. The hotel information prior to the reservation was very misleading. Upon check-in, I found out that our room is in Poseidon's Village that is about 3-4 blocks away. After entering the room, I was hit with the worst smell of very old motel room. Actually the Poseidon's Village is the old Copa Cabana Resort. Very old, smelly, outdated room for $170.00 per night. To go to the water park, you have to drive, than walk inside, change,etc. My kid was very, very dissapointed from the motel room, he is 13 years old and said that is the worst room he ever saw. Horrible experience overall. After mentioning all this to the front desk, they said sorry. I will never ever go back there even for free.

Room Tip: Stay in Mt.Olympus only. Not in any other side properties.
4 Thank Tony637