“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #64 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago, Illinois
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Hotel Rome is very nice and clean I must say. The was about 20 of us who went and all different age groups. From Adults to childrens to teenagers. Every group had a different room. I had the King Suite. I went into eveyones room to see hows there's looked and all the rooms were spacious and very clean. The water Park was a bit small but it was ok for our kids. They had a great time. Since we did go in March the outside was closed but they did have a few rides open. They had 2 Go kart tracks that were open which was good enough for me. We also got a free pass to go snow tubing. I think this was the best part for me in this trip. Snow tubing in 60 degree weather. I can ask for more. We had so much fun snow tubing, I loved it! I know Mt. Olympus has other little hotel/motels that are away from the water pk and attractions so I suggest you stay at Rome. Over all my stay at this hotel was fun.

1 Thank Lindalatina96

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Hebrew first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 March 2012

My family & I stayed at Hotel Rome March 7 - March 9th. We paid $308 for 2 nights for (2) rooms with 2 queen beds, of which included a microwave, hair dryer, mini refrigerator, iron w/ ironing board, and 26 inch flat screen tv. We also were given Mt. Olympus wristbands for our stay for FREE! The rooms were immaculate and the staff were very friendly. I'd definitely recommend staying at Hotel Room instead of staying at Mykonos Village, Zeus Village, Santorini Village, or Poseidons Village if it's important to not have to drive over to Mt. Olympus Park. I loved the convenience of being able to walk through Hotel Rome's skywalk to get to Mt. Olympus Park. Only the indoor waterpark and indoor theme park were open when my family & I stayed at Hotel Rome. Hotel Room has a game room that's open 24-hrs a day, which reminded me of Dave & Buster or Chuck E Cheese's. The indoor theme park has a game room, as well, and carnival games, which cost more money. Laser tag and rock climbing were available also. Laser tag was $5 for 10 minutes of play. Rock climbing was either $7 or $10.

The waterpark was fun! My husband & I spent alot of time in the jacuzzi. By the way, bring money for the locker rental. You'll be charged $10.50 for the locker rental, and refunded $5.50 when you return the locker key.

I used a promocode "SERVICE" and ended up paying about $76 per room each day, however, the promocode has blackout dates.

GO HERE --------> http://www.mtolympuspark.com/

Room Tip: Use promocode "SERVICE" which is available for use through May 2012. But, beware there are...
2 Thank Yolanda216
Reviewed 10 March 2012

When I stayed at the mt Olympus I stayed with my family and we were fine with one room so the first night we stayed in I had a room in the room my younger brothers shared a bed and my parents shared a room and that was fine but the second night we had to move to another room and that room only had 2 beds and there was 5 people so we had to call the hotel and tell them to get us another bed or mattress and I was horrified to find that they gave me a crappy thin twin mattress with wheels

• Stayed February 2012
Winamac, Indiana
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We stayed in a two bedroom suite, that doubled as a time share. The room was not up to par at all. There were marks all over the walls where the paint had been chipped, light bulbs were out, the lighting itself was worthless, and the staff was rude. We definitely won't spend the money to stay here again.

2 Thank Nichole3883

Travellers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Crown Point IN
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Me, my husband and our two boys ages 13 and 12 stayed here Feb 17th-19th, 2012. We paid $270 for two nights in a room with two queen beds only. Upon check-in you are just about attacked by the time-share people for the Christmas Mountain resort. When you tell them you are not interested they are pretty rude to you. The room was okay, nothing special and the layout really wastes space in the room. We encountered two problems during our short stay. The toilet would not flush, and when we called the front desk they sent down two teenage-looking girls with a plunger. You can guess how that went. After they determined they could not fix the problem, they said they would send maintenance down. After an hour and no maintenance person I called the desk again. It was at least another hour before someone finally came and fixed it. On Saturday morning we got up and got ready to go out for breakfast as this place does not have a restaurant. As we were just about ready to leave, approximately 10:30 am, housekeeping knocked one quick knock and entered our room. Good thing I wasn't naked. I explained to her that we were about to walk out and would be out of our room in two minutes. She agreed and we left quickly. We were not back to our room until about 1:00 pm and housekeeping had not come back. On our way to the waterpark (which is small, lame and dirty by the way), I stopped at the desk and told them that housekeeping never came. She assured me that they would go to our room immediately. We were at the waterpark for a few hours and returned to our room around 4:00 pm. Still no housekeeping. We planned on hanging out in our room for awhile and did not want to have to vacate for them to clean so I called the desk and just asked that they send someone with clean towels as I had already made the beds. This took another two hours. While in our room, the phone rang and my son answered it. He handed the phone to me and I assumed it was the front desk. It was someone from the time-share asking me why we had not "taken advantage" of our tour of Christmas Mountain and wanting me to sign up for a two hour tour. I explained again that as we were only staying 48 hours I was not interested and SHE HUNG UP ON ME! I went down to the front desk and complained about the housekeeping issue AND told them how invasive it was that these sales people called my room and asked for me by name to harrass me. The girl at the desk basically apologized and that was that.

In summary, the waterpark is fine if your kids are under 6. The "amusement park" is a HUGE joke and again is probably fine for the under 6 age group. Be aware, the time share people are set up in there too. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mom2threestooges
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 March 2012

This is a great place for families with kids 14 and under. It is reasonably priced compared to the other resorts in the area. Hotel Rome is different from Mykonos Village and many of the other hotel/motel's that have the negative reviews. Hotel Rome is the main hotel that is actually connected to the waterpark. Our room was very clean and large. We had 2 queen beds plus a set of bunk beds, which would be great for a family. The indoor waterpark and indoor themepark are both geared towards younger kids (ages 5-14). Our only real complaint is how thin the walls are. You can hear everything going on everywhere around your room. Anyone walking down the hall, or talking in the hall you can hear it very clearly. Also there were obnoxious kids upstairs from us running back and forth slamming doors and such which we could hear very clearly. On a more personal preference, I wish more of the employees had English as their first language. Sometimes it was very hard to understand what they were saying, but seeing this is Wisconsin Dells, this is to be expected almost everywhere you go.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank k8lyn007
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Two adults and four children ages 15, 13, 12 and 7. We had a wonderful time there with a spacious room. We booked a two queen with bunk bed room and it was plenty big for all of us. Our room had the bunk beds sideways which left plenty of room for our bags and seating. The amusement park part was a total blast! The roller coaster was our favorite, the size was perfect and it was an exciting ride. The kids rode it 15 times in one day. The second favorite were the bumper cars. We enjoyed the water park even though it is small. Two tube rides and two body slides, two hot tubs, pirate ship play area and a lazy river. There is also a small pool for swimming and a net climb across area with lily pads to stand/kneel on. It was great to have both the amusement part and the water part at one hotel. The prices on food and drinks at the parks are pricey and of course you aren't allowed to bring your own food or drinks past a certain point. The two arcade areas are hard to avoid since you walk through one of them in the hotel lobby area and the other is in the amusement ride area. The elevator was small but we used the stairs since we were on the second floor. The trip was fun, the room was clean and comfortable, the staff was great and we will be back.

Room Tip: If you are getting a room with two queen and bunk bed ask for the sideways bunk beds you get more sp...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family