Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$113
BestWestern.com
Ramada by Wyndham Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$127
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$208
AmericInn by Wyndham Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$153
Indian Trail Motel(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$69
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$82
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

All Star Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$106
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
US$200
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$126
All reviewslifeguard on dutycinnamon rollspancake machinepool arearoom was cleanfree breakfastyogurtoutlet mallnice breakfasthot tubkids poolwould stay here againfront desk staffnice poolfridge and microwavewe've stayedwater park
Reviewed June 25, 2017

We usually seek out Holiday Inn Express Hotels because they are always modern, clean and personnel is polite. We booked this at least 6-8 weeks ago. This one was a mistake. We were not notified that they were undergoing a renovation. On 6/18, one day before arrival, I decided to check their website, I thought I could confirm our reservation. When we found out about the renovation,and the closed outdoor pool, I assumed it would be difficult to find another two hotel rooms in the Wisconsin Dells in June. At that point, we called the hotel and asked for a room that was already renovated (the reservationist agreed). What was acceptable?..................While the indoor pool was very large and the children enjoyed it, the slide was often closed (if there was no lifeguard, the slide was unavailable). Beds were comfortable and we slept well. We were able to get enough clean towels. The free breakfast was adequate.
So what was wrong?
1. We did a "pre-check in" at noon on the day of arrival, said we'd be back at 3, and rooms (we had 2) still were not ready at 3pm. We had to wait another 45 minutes despite the hotel seeming to be very empty.
2. Rooms did not have any window covering because they were installing new shades...we were told it would be done that day of arrival, but at 6pm, the installers said they would do it "tomorrow".........no window coverings at all overnight or at 5am when the sun comes up? Husband complained to the desk and they put up drape liners.
3. No hair dryer in room ("should be in closet" but wasn't.
4. On Tuesday, 6/20, rooms still had not been cleaned by 5:30pm, I saw housecleaner in the hall, she said "someone called in sick and I had to do both floors myself"..........she gave us towels, but beds were not made, carpets not vacuumed, bathroom not cleaned, no dusting. She was frazzled to say the least.
5. Water-stained ceiling in Rm 311.
6. Elevator did not work for 3 of 4 days we were there........workmen laying tile on lobby-level floor with plastic sheeting hanging right near the stairway we had to use.
7. Five new employees in their twenties were sitting at one of the tables in breakfast area during breakfast time........however, they sat down, played with their phones while glancing up frequently at the guests sitting and eating........we became quite uncomfortable wondering what they were doing or going to do (obviously not guests, not eating)......... "if you see something, say something" so my husband and I left, went up to our room and reported the suspicious looking men and we were told they were new employees beginning orientation. Should they have been told to sit in one of the conference rooms, or the employee lunchroom???
8. It appeared that there may have been employee issues. Most employees did not look at us and greet us in the hallways, but looked away as we passed them.
9. On 6/21, we got back to our room at the end of the day and one bed looked well-made, without wrinkles, the other looked as though someone had laid on it, coverings wrinkled and pillows not carefully aligned as the other bed (appeared to be thown at the head of the bed). I'm guessing that an employee was orienting someone and the inexperienced someone made the wrinkled bed without the experienced employee correcting the mess.
10. Two large, fairly deep potholes in the asphalt when you turn into the parking lot.
11. Carpeted stairway between parking level floor and third floor was always littered with dirt, dried cement from the contractors working on the renovation. We had to use the stairs because the elevator wouldn't stop on the lobby-level floor.
12. TV hung crookedly on the wall.
13. Sloppy painting around the AC unit, could see the prior color where the new color hadn't been painted over it.
I blame many of the issues above on poor management, poor decisions by management.
We'll be more cautious of Holiday Inn Expresses in the future.

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank candice1949
WisDellsHiexGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2017

candice1949,
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay. I am happy to see you found some positives about the stay but I am sincerely apologetic for the numerous issues you unfortunately had to deal with. We can completely understand how frustrating this was for you. We feel our guest deserve the best and because of this feeling we are renovating the entire hotel. This is phase one. We have tried to be proactive by placing an alert on our website, by contacting all outside vendors to make them aware of the renovation, by setting up an alert with our central reservations office, and by posting signage in the lobby but we understand it is still missed at times. Sorry about that. Phase two will be getting started in September. With a project this large we have hit some road blocks but I promise you we are doing all we can to minimize the impact on our guest. Per your review we 100% failed to do so and we are very apologetic and wish that wasn't the case. We would never want any of our guest to leave with a negative memory of our property as our goal is to have everyone leave 110% satisfied with a want to return. I am really sorry we failed to do so in the case of this stay. I have printed off your review and will be covering it in detail with my entire staff as well as with my regional VP so your comments will addressed asap. Our mission is to make sure no other guest has to experience the same things. I hope you are willing to give us another chance to host you the next time you are in our area so you can see first hand these are not reoccurring issues as well as see the difference the renovation will have made for our property. Again, we appreciate the feedback and are hopeful we have a chance to show you this is not of the norm as we truly feel it is a PRIVILEGE to call you our guest.

Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

First the good. I travel through Wisconsin Dells on a regular basis, and the Holiday Inn Express has become my place to stop for the night. Our jacuzzi room did not disappoint. It was clean and very comfortable. Now the bad. What is not disclosed on the Holiday Inn reservation website is that this hotel is under renovations. We were told at check-in that the outdoor pool was closed as part of the renovations. Considering our stay was in the heart tourist season, and Wisconsin Dells calls itself the Waterpark Capital of the world, this was extremely disappointed. Pool renovation should not be done during peak seasons. After check in, the walk down the hall to our room, was walking a gauntlet construction materials, broken sheetrock and glass. Morning breakfast although very good, featured a large amount of construction workers enjoying hotel breakfast along with paying guests.
Now the Ugly. When I attempted to put this exact review on the Holiday Inn website, it was rejected. Seems they only publish happy customers reviews. My advice, is to find another hotel in Wisconsin Dells until the renovations are complete!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gene8
Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights during renovations. Large portions of the hotel are closed for renovation, and surrounding areas are affected as well. Luckily we didn't have super high expectations and even in its in-progress shape, it's still a far nicer hotel than Mt olympus village locations. Not sure what the timeline is for renovations, but I can imagine the place will be very nice when done.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2017

First I have to write that the hotel was undergoing renovation when we were there so it may be better in the future,but when we were there the hotel is tired and not up to the standards of other Holiday Inn Expresses we've stayed at. The rooms feel old, carpeting needs replacement, the bathroom is layed out like in the 1950s, tiny toilet, sink in the room,not the bathroom, etc. At breakfast the eggs were cold, the sausage was old and dried out,etc., etc. I recommend waiting until construction is done before staying here.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2017

Michael and his colleagues were absolutely great. The people from Kalahari were quite rude to our party, and we instead stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. Everyone working here were absolutely fantastic in our entire stay with no issues. The breakfast in the morning was normal for Holiday Inn in terms of food quality, but the people cooking the food were quite nice when coming out. Free WiFi was included, and wasn't terrible.

This location was under construction so only the indoor pool was available, but it was quite fun. This locations indoor pool has a kiddy pool, a waterslide, a normal pool, and a hot tub. At some points of this pool, it was honestly as fun as the Kalahari since there weren't loads of people jumping and screaming around us, relaxing to say the least. The gym they have consisted of bikes and a treadmill, but it's a Holiday Inn Express so they aren't expected to have a large gym.

It was nice to walk in and have people that felt like they cared about our stay. From the friendly hellos to recommendations on what is in the area, I can only say that this staff was on point this entire trip. This was a vacation that I'll remember for my entire life, and it's all thanks to this location of the Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Hotel was under construction during May of 2017, check drawers as coupon books for the area will be in there
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends