All reviewslake deltoncampfire kevinping pongindoor poolfree kayaksfire pitrow boatbeach volleyballkalahari theme parkprivate beachmeeting roomfamily reunionjacuzzi suitehot tubgreat place to staydells attractionsindoor amusement park
Reviewed January 21, 2018

The rooms are clean but a bit on the smaller side, which did not bother us. We had booked 2 rooms for 2 adults each through booking.com. We meet our friends once a year for a reunion. When we checked in we were told that the resort fee for $10 per night per room was not included. So we paid it. When I looked at the confirmation I saw that the resort fee was indeed included in the total price. I went back to the front desk and was now told that they had given us a lake side room and therefore the additional fee applied to that. They also indicated that I had requested this upgrade on the original reservation. I do not remember this but, to be fair, I might have forgotten. I certainly was not aware there was an additional charge. So we had to pay an extra $50. I just do not like the way this was handled.
Usually hotels stick to the price quoted or at least do not switch the reason for the additional charge. We travel a lot and are often given an upgrade without any additional charges.
I think the resort is a good place to stay. There is no breakfast at this place. A good close place to eat is the River's Edge. We might not go back because this experience left a bad taste. Would I recommend this place for a relaxing stay? Yes I would!

Stayed: January 2018
2  Thank Maria D
Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

My trips to Wisconsin not so long but for couple days we stay in Wisconsin dells and weather nice. We enjoy stuff from hotel and warm atmosphere, maybe just food have to be more choices in hotel. Otherwise is good

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ELIZABETH C
Reviewed October 10, 2017

Great place, right on the lake. We were here off season, so the place was very quiet and relaxing. We had a second floor room, with a balcony facing the lake. Great view and lots of fresh air.
Front reception was excellent. Very friendly and showed us several rooms prior to us registering.
Room had 2 queens which were comfortable. Lots of space, very clean, 32' or so flat screen, fridge, microwave, and 4 cup drip coffee maker. Great for us, since we brought coffee and filters.
Bathroom was roomy enough, nice surround shower with good water pressure.

Location is slightly off the main stream, which is actually nice, since its quiet and more relaxing. Large beach area, with row boat and kayaks for warmer weather.
Large fire pit outside, with seating area. During season, they build a fire each night. Off season its available for guests to build their own.
Small indoor pool with slide for kids. Outdoor pool for summer.
Several outdoor grills available for cooking.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have a walkout to the patio/beach. Second/third floor rooms have walkout to balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
DawnBaker, Manager at Baker's Sunset Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Thank you so much for the excellent review! We appreciate the feedback and are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We work hard to ensure our resort is clean and comfortable for guests each and every time. We hope you'll be back again soon!

Reviewed October 9, 2017

We have just returned from the trip of a lifetime! Thanks to this travel company and our agent, our custom-designed 13 day tour of Italy was perfect. We easily followed the instructions in our travel packet, our tickets and vouchers were organized and accepted everywhere, every guide and driver was on time and extremely knowledgeable, and the recommended hotels and restaurants met our very high expectations. It’s worth noting, also, that just mentioning our travel company, or simply the name of our agent, seemed to make our providers stand up straighter and work a little harder.

One of the things we especially loved was our agent's willingness to accommodate all our wishes during the planning period. It took several tries before our 6 member group could agree on the cities to visit, but our agent's expert guidance helped us to settle on Venice, Florence, Tuscany, Rome, and Positano. We received a detailed document containing suggested hotels, tours, restaurants, and free-time activities, which we again edited, and our final itinerary was received about a week before our trip. It was so much fun to meet and go over our documents on the day we received them! We thank this company very much for the time and attention to detail; they even thought to send instructions on appropriately tipping for services, how to use our phones in Italy, and an App for speeding our way through the airport on our return home.

We thank this company and out agent for everything. We will not hesitate to recommend this travel company to anyone who wishes to travel to Italy. In fact, we already have a lunch date with friends who are planning an Italian vacation with family. We can’t wait to share our experiences!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank BharatV138
Reviewed September 9, 2017

Stayed here in August for a rather large family reunion. We had over 60 people stay at the resort, of all ages and interests, and I was very impressed with the experience. The property has "just enough" to keep everyone occupied, yet nearby. The various pools kept the kids busy, there was equipment to play on Lake Delton, and the property itself had nice amenities like the beach volleyball, campfire and community space where we hosted a dinner. I also liked the close proximity to the Dells and ability to order a variety of food from local restaurants and have it delivered for free.

My only pause would be our room. We don't have kids so I assumed the smaller jacuzzi suite would be sufficient... it was fine, but had I known other rooms would come with a nice view of the lake and a balcony that doesn't face the parking lot, I would have upgraded. Just my tip :)

Room Tip: Book a room that faces Lake Delton. Nicer balconies that are worth the view!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family