“Very Great Stay One Of The Best I’ve Ever Had in...”
other travellers have booked this property
Villas Cottages
Deluxe Timber
Fishing/Paddling pond
Indoor pool
Cottage 650 sq ft
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 7 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Bradley W...
“Very Great Stay One Of The Best I’ve Ever Had in Wisconsin!!!!”
Reviewed March 17, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Beautiful. Great location close to the Dells. Charming units. Huge outdoor hot tub. No hidden fees. Went skiing at Cascade Mountain. Family loved it!

29 Mar 2018
Thanks Bradley. Glad we could make it all work out for you!
Lynn S
Savage, Minnesota, United States
“Updated, quiet unit”
Reviewed February 20, 2018 for a stay in February 2018
person found this review helpful

My friend and I stayed here this week. I transferred in from RCI. We had a 2 bedroom unit in The Timbers area of the resort. It had a cabin feel. Rustic exterior. Another unit was connected to ours. No one in that unit so we had total peace, which was nice.

I’d stayed in a different section of the resort years ago, before the updating, so was wondering what shape our Timbers unit would be in. I was very pleased with the updating. New furniture and beds. The beds were super comfy with great linens and 4 wonderful pillows.

The “master bedroom” had a king bed in a room that has much less space than other resorts I’ve stayed at. The master bathroom had a great bathroom with a nice soaking tub. The second bedroom had a queen bed and little space to move around the bed. The second bathroom is not attached to the second bedroom but right next door. It is small but fine. Lots of towels.

The living room area was small but cozy. New couch, chair and large foot stool. Both chair and couch had firm cushions. The chair was so firm that my butt went to sleep while watching a movie. Had to put bed pillows in the chair to enjoy the rest of the movie.

Even though this is a unit to sleep 6 it would be difficult to house 6 people in the unit. The small round eating table only had 4 chairs and it’d be a tight squeeze to dine with 6 people at it. (But would need 2 more chairs.). Also, it would be tough for 6 people to all watch the tv.

My friend and I like to do puzzles and play games/cards while on vacation. Because of the small table, we called housekeeping for help. They brought us a card table which was perfect.

The unit has a flat screen smart TV mounted to the wall above the gas fireplace in the living area. No DVD player so we called the front desk. I had to go check it out. I then called the maintenance who came to connect it. The player worked well.

The gas fireplace is great! Gives off great heat. There is a timer on the opposite wall of the living room area which allows you to turn the fireplace on for 40 minutes or so.

The galley kitchen is small but updated. Near impossible to have two cooks in the kitchen. The kitchen is well stocked with new Teflon coated cookware. I appreciate that as many resorts have scratched Teflon or cheaper metal pans. Nice glass top stove.

A huge difficulty for us as the sun went down was the dimness of the entire unit. I love to do cross stitch but could not in the late afternoon/evening as there was no strong overhead light or table lamps in the unit. I wish management would put in different light bulbs. (Seems they are energy efficient bulbs.)

The resort has many amenities: skiing, restaurant, small indoor water park/swimming area, golf course, resort activities throughout the week, and a workout room (small but has basic equipment one needs). Upon checkin the guests receive wrist bands that provide access to certain activities and even a percentage off at some local restaurants. Truly a resort to fit many vacationers’ desires.

The unit is stocked with great towels. A large pool bag of beach towels is in the living room area for use at their water park. Nice touch!

Our unit had a washer dryer in the master bedroom.

The front desk and maintenance people are all super friendly and helpful.

Note: this resort is off the beaten path. It is in a rural area. We went to the Rick Wilcox Magic Show (really good) the first evening. Our cell phone map apps took us on back rural roads and city residential streets rather than the main roads. Was confusing and a bit scary when driving them at night. (Roads are narrow and windy/hilly in the countryside and I’m sure deer and other critters are out and about at night.) Be sure to get maps upon check in and get your bearings before heading out.

Even though the resort is in the countryside, it is close to the main attractions.

I was initially disappointed in our unit as the photo shown on the RCI site and confirmation email was incorrect. It showed a new 2 story building (something I’ve not seen in the areas I’ve driven thru at this resort). When I brought this up to the front desk after we checked in, she was confused as their units are mostly cabin style. Wonder if RCI mixed up photos?

I give the resort 4 stars because of the smallness of the unit, poor lighting in the evening in the unit, hard seated furniture and small dining table.

However, this is a great choice for a getaway. I would choose to come back.

22 Feb 2018
The new 2-story units referred to in the review are the Townhomes. The reviewer stayed in a 2-bedroom Deluxe Timber unit which is fairly large at 1150 sq. ft. RCI does put the photo of the Townhome on much of the Christmas Mountain advertising, but if you click on the picture it will show you many properly labeled photos for the units. Not certain what the reviewer mentions about confirmation email, but it likely was mine as TripAdvisor does not give me contact information until you've paid so I have to lock the reservation before I have complete information.

Thanks for the review, and thanks for staying with us!
Buskahhh
Pittsfield
“I Wish We Stayed Longer”
Reviewed July 16, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

What a nice surprise. Two bedrooms, one upstairs and one down. Two bathrooms . We were on a long interstate vacation and my son likes his own space. This place totally exceeded our expectations. Comfortable beds, attractive space. The toiletries were great as well - just bespeaks attention to detail.

There is a screened-in porch with a grill which made me wish we had more time. It had pools in three locations - two outdoors and one indoors. Again, wish we could have stayed longer.

The furniture is lovely but firm, but we weren't there to hang out in a hotel room. The kitchen and eating area was lovely and up to date, supplied with niceties such as coffee and microwave popcorn.

The staff were warm and friendly. I wished the general store had more staff in the AM, but that may have been a fluke. The lady was sweet and as competent as can be, handling the stress of a never-ending line like a pro, but there was only one of her.

Over all this was an incredible place. The distance is a little remote, but the bustle of the Dells made me want that very badly. :) When I saw the place , I opened my email where I had the reservation receipt to make sure I didn't book something WAY more expensive. My email confirmed it was a GREAT value.

Greg G
Warsaw, Indiana
“Perfect little getaway”
Reviewed May 19, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

The family & I stayed in the cottages at Christmas Mountain Village Resort. The owner was amazing & offered us a very discounted rate on an additional cottage, for our adult children to have their own space. It was definitely much appreciated & worked out awesome for us. Many thanks for that! We ended up having a perfect, very relaxing little spring break. The cottages were perfect for us, very clean, spacious, equipped with everything we needed. The staff there was also very accommodating, offered lots of help & advice for local dining & attractions for the kids. Not far at all to travel in to the dells. The indoor pool was perfect for the little ones, the outdoor hot tub was very spacious & relaxing. The only issue we had was it's still pretty cold in April, so traveling from the main building after swimming to the cottages was pretty chilly. That, of course, had nothing to do with the stay & was only a minor inconvenience. Small price to pay to have such awesome accommodations in a serene & peaceful location with much more privacy than a hotel. There were also plenty of outdoor sports, activities & parks for the kids to enjoy. We will definitely be back!

We also took a day to travel to Baraboo & go hiking at Devil's Lake State Park......GORGEOUS location & views! For anyone who enjoys hiking & exploring, we highly recommend you check out the park & their trails!

Iowajayne
Sioux City, Iowa
“Very confortable”
Reviewed October 10, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Had a great stay here. The townhouse we had has been renovated and was very comfortable. I have to say that the shower/jet tub is very spacious and the shower was one of the better ones for water flow that I've had for a while. The grounds are very picturesque and great fall decor. We will be back!!

cetobler
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

The whole resort has been remodeled and everything looks like first class. The personnel is friendly and always ready to make your stay wonderful.
It worth to go there.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jill67wil...
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very nice, but cold!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Our family of five stayed in a renovated Timbers villa which slept six. The renovations were lovely -- granite counters and sinks, new furniture and bedding and new paint. My husband and I had only two complaints about the villa. First, the furnace was housed in a closet in the second bedroom and was extremely noisy. It woke us frequently through the night. Secondly, the villa slept six but only had four dining chairs. It was a bit odd, because there were six placemats on the dining table!
Christmas Mountain Vilalge has a small ski resort on site which was perfect for us to teach our kids (ages 9,11,13) to ski. The hills were just large enough but not intimidating for beginning skiers. The ski rental equipment was in excellent condition.
We would definitely return in any season.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The ski facilities.
Liked least: The loud villa furnace
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
2 Feb 2014
Jill, sorry you stayed during a long cold snap where the furnace had to run so much. Based on your two comments I would like to let you know, especially if you stay with us again, that there are maintenance/housekeeping staff available.

Please do not hesitate to call them if you need additional items (including chairs, cookware) and especially in circumstances if the mechanicals make odd noises. I'm guessing that the furnace may have just been a bit loud, and I apologize for that; but the chair thing can be easily corrected for you next time.

Again, thanks for staying with us.
--Lee
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing