“Great experience, great value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thunder Valley Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Thunder Valley Inn
South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great experience, great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed here during a trip to the Dells. The price was good, but then with the coupons we got, which saved us $$ it got even better. It is outside of the city area, so it is quiet. The farmhouse is old, very historical from the mid 1800's. The room was large and comfortable, with a small kitchenette in the bargain, and very clean. The spacious downstairs was open to all, and had lots to do. The breakfast in the morning was EXCELLENT! Plenty of variety and very good and tasty! And our hostess was both gracious and fun!. An excellent value, we loved it, and will stop there again given the chance!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pastlady

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2010

I was very pleasantly surprised at the charming atmosphere in the farm haus - it was just like staying at Grandma's! Anita was the most gracious host, giving us a tour and explaining more of the facilities. We traveled with a group of four couples and each of our rooms were very unique and cute. The breakfast the next morning was wonderful...something for everyone's taste and plenty of it! I enjoyed the offering in the gift shop and an extra was a farmer's market that is held on Sunday featuring fresh produce and crafts. I can't wait to go back with my kids - they'll love the petting zoo! I highly recommend this B&B to people looking for a wholesome retreat!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lynmof
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2010

If you would like quiet, peaceful, yet fun and interesting this is the place. It was immaculate. The website appears much more kitsche the the actual place. Anita is a great hostess. I would definitely recommend it. I have traveled alot and this place exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank Lalola-spike
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2010

I LOVED this place. For anyone who would like to stay in the Wisconsin Dells but not in a cookie cutter hotel room, who might be interested in an incredible made-from-scratch breakfast that is prepared and served by a local, hardworking, and gregarious farm family, and who might want their kids to experience a good old fashioned petting zoo and farmers market before they ride the roller coasters and water slides.

It ain't a Best Western. It's a bed and breakfast, and if you enjoy these small and endearing types of places, then do not be swayed by ignorant reviewers who apparently mistake the smell of baking bread in an old gas oven for something foreign.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank SeekingDistraction
wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2008

My new bride and I stayed in the Wicker Room during the weekend of the WI Harley Owner's Group State Rally...it was our mini-honeymoon. We had an excellant time!!! The hospitality was warm and inviting. The room was beyond our expectations, and the food was superb!!! We had the fortunate luck of having our Sunday breakfast fall upon the same day as their Father's Day buffet. There were too many delicious dishes of food to even begin to describe!!! Anita was an excellant hostess. We were in the Dells area not long after the torrential rains devastated the area. Anita helped our group avoid the worst traffic congestion by giving us excellant and scenic directions on backroads. I highly recommend this to anyone staying in the Dells area...it made our honeymoon that much more memorable.

• Liked — The Wicker Room was incredible...
  • Disliked — The traffic congestion due to the I 94 closure
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank chicster
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2008

My daughter and I stayed for 3 nights in the Wildflower room. It was decorated nice and it had a small kitchenette. On the down side, the lock on my door was extremely difficult to lock up and open. Also, the shower would be either too hot or cold. There is a good selection of complimentary videos and the owner had made fresh popcorn which was appreciated. The breakfast is excellent. The owner, Anita served scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast, pancakes with fresh whipped cream and yogurt. We enjoyed it. My daughter also liked visiting the farm animals and visited the kittens often as she could. The dinner show is excellent and I highly recommend it if you enjoy violin music. Anita's daughter, Kari is an excellent violinst.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — The diffcult locks, shower problems
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank jbear8989
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2008

Everything above is sooo not true, I found Thunder Valley on line and then searched for reviews because now in these days pictures are very very tricky, anyways based on these " Great Reviews" I went ahead and reserved, and was tolled about the policies, that are stated in their website, well until I arrived there I completely understood the reason of their policies, long story short .

The place is old, ok I get that, But the smell ? It smelled like cockroach in the kitchen and dinning area, and the lady was trying to convince me to stay for her great food !! Everything was dusty and humid, For a 100 dollars per night !! And talk about the guest I saw around, Ghetto !! Of course whom else would want to stay there Nooo, no, no. Me and my family did Not stayed ....

• Liked — Just the Theme but thats about it !!
  • Disliked — The cockroach humidity smell !!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Lindsaynjulian