Free cancellation until 28/07
US$125
US$84
US$76
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

Big Horn Motel(Buffalo)(Great Value!)
US$75
Book now, pay at stay
US$55
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$63/night.

US$143
Travelocity
All reviewscowboy cabinhorseback rideswaynemountainsmoosetrailbunkbedscreeksnow
Reviewed April 7, 2010

First of all, I'm a tent camper, backpacker and mountaineer, so it doesn't take much to please me. We stayed here, because my wife isn't quite as "gritty" as I am, so I thought I would treat her to a cabin stay. We arrived early and were advised we could not check into our cabin yet, which was no problem as we went to Tie Hack Reservoir and kayaked and fished. When we returned to check in, we found that our cabin was right next to one under construction and while unpacking was told I had to move our vehicle because they were removing power lines, kinda inconvenient and construction was taking place right outside, not very relaxing or quiet.

The food was expensive and so-so. Service from the staff was OK for the first day or two and not many people around the property. That changed as soon as a family reunion moved in (I suspect the owner/co-owner/close friend of) there was people everywhere, some even using our picnic table and taking family photos right outside our back porch by the stream. After that people were wandering everywhere around our cabin all day. Makes it hard to enjoy a beer on our porch by the stream when people are talking laughing 8 feet away.

Our last night, yes during their "reunion", we ate our last meal there at the restaurant and found that many people drive in from town during the weekend and there was about an hour long wait. When we finally got in, the service was horrible, our waitress was rude, food was late, order was wrong and staff seemed to have an "attitude" about them where it didn't seem they wanted our business anymore and service dropped off completely. When voicing our disappointment to the hostess/cashier, the answer was basically along the lines of -sorry, but thats just how it is on the weekend.

Be aware, that when you check out, if you use a credit card, you will be charged extra to compensate for their "phone" fee, so we paid cash, as we had it left over since we didn't find much reason to tip or spend extra on.

Probably won't return unless we see they revamp their business practices.

As for the rest of the Big Horn trip, kayaking was great! fishing was great (I wouldn't bother too much with the stream behind the cabins)! Cloud Peak Wilderness hikes were great! This was the only black mark, I'll take my tent over this place any day.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple