“Straight deal on the Crooked Cup for vegetarians.”
Review of The Crooked Cup

The Crooked Cup
Ranked #3 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Cheyenne
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

Straight deal on the Crooked Cup for vegetarians.

This is a "small chain" with several stores in northern Colorado which recently opened its first store in Wyoming here in downtown Cheyenne. I'm glad they did. The people working here are very nice and helpful, answering any questions I had.

Aside from some creative pastries there are a couple of meal items available which are meatless.

Veggie Kolache - an in store made puff pastry filled with mushrooms, spinach, tomato, and "white cheese" (it's white American cheese a.k.a. pasturized processed Swiss cheese). This was a tasty treat which they reheat for three minutes in their convection oven (not microwaved) and it puts a nice finish on it. It could be an entrée for small appetites and is reasonably priced at $3.75 I hope someday they will switch to any "white cheese" other than American White Cheese, such as Swiss, Provolone, or Mozzarella.

Egg & Potato breakfast burrito - filled with egg, potato, corn, sour cream, green chile, green pepper, and black beans. These are made at one of their stores in Colorado and brought to Cheyenne each morning by the owner. I asked and was told the green chile was meatless. It is served with salsa (if desired). This is a very tasty breakfast entrée and not overpriced at $5.25

I got a 16 Oz Cappuccino which comes with "two shots" which gave me a nice lift and was tasty enough to enjoy without any sweetener. They will ask if you want it "wet" or "dry" which refers to how much foam you prefer. This was one of the better coffees I've had in Cheyenne. If you're downtown this ranks with my other favorites. It's reasonably priced at $3.90

I've given them a suggestion to pass on to the owner, please identify vegetarian items on the menu so customers who want meatless items don't have to ask questions about each item he or she is interested in.

If they would take the suggestions about marking the menu for vegetarian items and use real cheese instead of "pasturized processed white cheese" I would raise their 4 stars I'm rating them to 5.

If your looking for a quick bite and good coffee, skip the big chain places and try here. I think you'll enjoy it. I did. Bon Appétit.

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

Great coffee choices! While I didn't eat, I heard people around me talking about how good the food was. There were small tables and a bar to sit. Welcoming atmosphere and a great addition to downtown Cheyenne.

Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

Best green tea drink I ever had. It is called a Crooked Pirate . Will definitely be back. Nice staff and clean artistic design.

Reviewed September 1, 2017

Small somewhat cramped but a good place for coffee and some light sandwiches and smoothies. A limited menu. Had a BLT - very good

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

As a barista myself, I love to try new coffee and watch the process. This place seems fun and I love the variety, but the girls making coffee need some training on pulling shots and steaming milk. No foam at all on all the lattes I saw, no pressure while tamping the shot, and they quickly turn on and off the machine which blatantly shows the shot was not tamped with enough pressure. I'm looking forward to coming back another time maybe when it's not so busy (it's packed!) and trying again.