Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cheyenne
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
My Place Hotel-Cheyenne, WY(Cheyenne)
View Hotel
All reviewsoutback steakhousehome depotroom safeclean hotelcheck in was smoothparking lotfront desk staffcomfortable bedsnice roomfree breakfastfitness centerbreakfast was excellentcomfortable staypool and hot tubeasy accesschecking inlong drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This is one of the best hotels in Cheyenne. The staff is great, I have never had a bad night stay here in 2 years. I stay here for both Business and Personal stays.

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the hotel
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank wyoavsfan
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We usually stay at the Holiday Inn on state business, but the hotel has seen better days and we almost always experience issues there. The Holiday Inn Express was very comfortable and a much nicer hotel! My room was smaller but the bed was comfortable and clean. The front desk staff was very efficient and helpful and the breakfast is similar to a Hampton Inn. Would certainly stay here again. None of us experienced any noise from the railroad during our stay and I was not aware there was one nearby.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Wyoming_traveler_2
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Just wanted to express my feelings about the Holiday Inn Express in Cheyenne. Not only is the staff some of the friendliest that I have met in a long while, the property is great. Safe, clean, rooms are great, wifi is unfailing and plenty of channels on the tv. Well lit, not using cork screw bulbs that won't light the room. It seems new, the carpet is for sure. The have a good booking history so make reservations. It is much quieter than the Inn @ Limon CO where I spent last evening, no truck stop next door. I do hear a train occasionally but not a bother. The staff has acted as my weather person and sounding board for travel decisions during some unexpected inclement weather. Bed are comfortable and there are some interesting places to eat downtown, try the Shadows brew pup and restaurant. I will check out the Albany tonight. There is a good breakfast here. There is only one issue: they need to use a finer grade of sand paper for the toilet tissue but I bet they don't have issues with folks lifting it.

Wonderful property... I highly recommend it! Hats off to Chris and his boss, Brittney too!

Room Tip: Talk to the staff they won't steer you wrong.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Dannie K
Reviewed 12 October 2011

The hotel is located very near to a railroad crossing so every train blows it's whistle when crossing. We heard the train noises on our arrival so we asked reception if it went on all night. We were assured that the trains stopped at 9pm. The trains didn't stop so the noise went on all through the night ! Neither of us slept much. We couldn't face a 2nd night so we went to reception to check out early. We explained why but the guy did not seem to bothered. He apologised and said that the girl on duty for our check-in was new and she shouldn't have told us that the trains stopped at 9pm. Don't know how all the other reviewers managed to sleep through the train noises. Did email HIE Customer Services but only got a lukewarm response.
Would never stay here again. The Outback was handy but crowded because it's the only restaurant for 8 hotels !

Room Tip: Choose another hotel further away from railroad.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pottsfamily61
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We spent a September Saturday night in a small suite at this Holiday Inn Express, which is very well-located on the southwest side of town. It's a pleasant hotel, with nice art in the public areas, the rooms are attractive, and two public computers connected to the internet worked well. But the cost was $136, and with all the hotels in town we didn't get a very good deal. First off, our keys would not work so we had to return to the desk. Then, the air conditioner in the room functioned poorly, and the room remained stuffy until after we went to sleep. The bathtub had black and orange fungus around the edges. Plus, the room could have been better furnished for a suite. We had a good easy chair, but no loveseat or sofa. I expected more than this.I told the front desk of my concerns upon checkout, and the man didn't seemed to care much. I also emailed Holiday Inn Express but have heard nothing back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple