“Not Your Mom’s Shepherd Pie”

Pat O'Hara Brewing Company
Ranked #5 of 98 Restaurants in Cody
Price range: US$9 - US$21
Cuisines: American, Irish, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Irish Brewpub, serving 15 craft brews on tab and a menu with an Irish flare.
Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

A pleasant surprise, just off Sheridan (Main Street) on 15th. Local brewpub with lots of local choices. Enjoyed a fine Red Lodge ale on tap with an excellent (if typically) humongous shepherd’s pie. Would definitely repeat.

Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

I had the bangers and they were delish.
The menu options is reasonably priced, our server was top notch, and the atmosphere was fun.
The only reason I did not give them a five was because of the confusion to be seated. We stood there for a while trying to figure out who we needed to see about being seated. I finally asked someone working at the bar and she said it was open seating. There needs to be a sign stating something to that effect.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

After a long day of driving we were looking for some comfort food and a friendly local place. You can’t go wrong with an Irish brew pub, right? Well, we got there around 8pm and the bar tender was mentally half way out the door the entire time we were there. We got a beer flight, which was a nice way to taste beers, but her never offered to get us a full sized beer or asked how we liked what we tasted. As we ate our salads he was flipping up bar stools at tables around us, clearly letting anyone there know that 10pm was coming soon, so don’t dawdle over your food or drinks. Our food arrived, I got shepherds pie which was ok at best, and my husband got the Irish egg rolls which were only ok as well. I am sure that if we would have had more engagement with the staff we would have had a better experience, but unfortunately we left feeling underwhelmed, and thirsty.

Reviewed September 15, 2018

lunch - no beer. maybe the trick here is to enjoy the beer. we did not, just ordered a couple of sandwiches. the service was ok, not friendly, not rude, not fast, not slow. the food was the same way. menu selections really are bar food. if you are looking for any healthier options try somewhere else. the chili was the best part of my meal and it was a side dish. it was nice to site on the patio. was bummed when the patron behind me lit a cigarette in the middle of lunch.

Reviewed September 15, 2018

the menu really is "bar" food. not a lot of healthy options. i had pulled pork with a side of chili. my friend had a brat. the service was good. it was nice to sit outside at a picnic table. was disappointed when the patron behind me lit up a cigarette. the food wasn't bad but wasn't anything out of the ordinary, my chili tasted homemade and was delicious.

Been to Pat O'Hara Brewing Company? Share your experiences!