“Service counts in this industry”
Review of Village Inn

Village Inn
Ranked #17 of 26 Restaurants in Douglas
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 17, 2017

I have eaten here several times. The food is mediocre, the service is a wildcard. Sometimes, you will wait long periods for staff to visit the table. The service is inefficient at best. No teamwork or sense of urgency. As I sit with my empty glass and waiting for a refill, I can see many staff members chatting amongst each other without concern for the patrons. No bang for your buck or your taste buds.

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

Passing thru during lunch time decided to stop and eat. Place was not busy, service was friendly and we each ordered the 2 for 2. I had the Ruben with a Southwest Salad. My spouse had the Tomato Basil Soup and grilled Cheese/Bacon sandwich. Both were very good. Free parking is available. Typical Village Inn.

Reviewed August 3, 2017

Standard Village Inn but that is a good thing. Just needed to eat dinner after long day on road. The meal was average but hot and decent. Now best part was the pie for desert. This is best feature of Village Inn. Waitress thought they were out of selection by other waitress helped her fine the last pie to get my wife a slice. Service is above average.

Reviewed June 7, 2017

I didn't expect a lot from this place. breakfast was ok, but the Pie was really the best what I had so far in the US!

Reviewed October 12, 2016

Douglas does not have many restaurants from which to choose, but we had heard this had pretty good food. They do NOT serve any alcohol here. I wanted a light salad so I ordered one that sounded like a Cobbb and I was very surprised that it came with real good very green lettuce! They had many choices of good salad dressing as well. I was very impressed. The waitress , Sabrina, very friendly and accommodating. We each had a different pie for dessert—mine was called the “Red, White and Blue” which was three different berries and my husband had the Rhubarb Strawberry. If we had known how mediocre they were we would have skipped them! The crust was very underdone; no brown baked look. Based on the good salad, we would return.

Been to Village Inn? Share your experiences!