“A wonderful road trip find...”
Review of Crossing Cafe

Crossing Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 5, 2016

When my wife gets hungry, we stop for food, that's our road trip rule. So on the June 11th leg of our road trip we were traveling from Cheyenne to Evanston, Wyoming and by mid afternoon my navigator got hungry. As I drove my wife/navigator poured over her iPad and told me to pull off at the next exit for the Town of Elk Mountain. I pulled off and and followed the sign for Elk Mountain - 3 miles. Since we were that close, we decided to go for it. For us the experience is worth as much as the good meal and we experienced both. The town center is three to five buildings of which The Crossings Cafe is noticeably historic. There was an extensive menu and the owner and his wife make it all. The food is very good and the owner was a very interesting person to talk to. While you wait for your food, the owner's collection of curios and antiques are everywhere. On your way into town or on the way back to the freeway, don't miss the little Community Church. Our motto, is "Get off the freeway and see America". The Crossing Cafe and the town of Elk Mountain were very worth the stop.

Reviewed July 25, 2015

The outside is understand. The food and service were good. I liked the burrito with green chili sauce and my husband enjoyed his traditional burger and fries.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you are travelling along the I-80 and want a break, please consider a little family run cafe off exit 255 between Laramie and Rawlins. If you travel Tuesday through Saturday they are there to welcome you with great burgers, wraps and salads, plus a smile and some local history, if you have time. All food is prepared fresh and prices are very reasonable. They have been in business for 15 years so they must be pleasing other customers besides me and my friends.