“Lunch ”
Review of Crossing Cafe

Crossing Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

We stopped here on our way from Yellowstone/Tetons to Colorado. We wanted an authentic experience instead of a McDonald's. We sure got it! It was the only game in town really. The husband and wife owners were as sweet as can be, and made incredible burgers, onion rings and fries. The fries come "by the potato" so it is obviously as fresh as it gets. They also have the good crunchy ice for your drink. The building has been around forever, and you can see the pictures on the wall, along with some taxidermy of elk, deer and pronghorn. Take the road to Elk Mountain and it is on the left, right next to the post office. The building says "Elk Mountain Trading Company". Closed Sunday and Monday. Mingle with the locals and eat great food!

Reviewed 16 August 2016

A bit of country! Its a nice place and the food is very good the mushroom bacon cheese burger double is great, if you want it spicy hot they will make it! Its a family business so the hours are limited some times and at times it take a while to get the food but its totally worth taking a side trip into the beautiful town of Elk mountain Wyoming!

Reviewed 5 July 2016

When my wife gets hungry, we stop for food, that's our road trip rule. So on the June 11th leg of our road trip we were traveling from Cheyenne to Evanston, Wyoming and by mid afternoon my navigator got hungry. As I drove my wife/navigator poured over her iPad and told me to pull off at the next exit for the Town of Elk Mountain. I pulled off and and followed the sign for Elk Mountain - 3 miles. Since we were that close, we decided to go for it. For us the experience is worth as much as the good meal and we experienced both. The town center is three to five buildings of which The Crossings Cafe is noticeably historic. There was an extensive menu and the owner and his wife make it all. The food is very good and the owner was a very interesting person to talk to. While you wait for your food, the owner's collection of curios and antiques are everywhere. On your way into town or on the way back to the freeway, don't miss the little Community Church. Our motto, is "Get off the freeway and see America". The Crossing Cafe and the town of Elk Mountain were very worth the stop.

Reviewed 25 July 2015

The outside is understand. The food and service were good. I liked the burrito with green chili sauce and my husband enjoyed his traditional burger and fries.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

If you are travelling along the I-80 and want a break, please consider a little family run cafe off exit 255 between Laramie and Rawlins. If you travel Tuesday through Saturday they are there to welcome you with great burgers, wraps and salads, plus a smile and some local history, if you have time. All food is prepared fresh and prices are very reasonable. They have been in business for 15 years so they must be pleasing other customers besides me and my friends.