“If you're on I-80 Wyoming, take Exit 255 and Get You the Best Burger Ever!”
Review of Crossing Cafe

Crossing Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 1, 2017

The overall-clad owner is old-time Wyoming at its finest, and the food is FANTASTIC. This place should not be overlooked. Drive 3 miles off the beaten path of I-80 and you will be guaranteed a huge burger, freshly homemade fries, and onion rings galore.
It's literally the only game in town, and this oldtime funtime is the REAL DEAL. Enjoy the antique ambiance while you're there, and say hi to Ken! Open till 7 p.m.

Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

Crossings Cafe has the best Burgers I've ever had. The chicken wrap is also awesome, as is the historic building that houses the cafe. Worth the price!

Reviewed September 29, 2016 via mobile

We stopped here on our way from Yellowstone/Tetons to Colorado. We wanted an authentic experience instead of a McDonald's. We sure got it! It was the only game in town really. The husband and wife owners were as sweet as can be, and made incredible burgers, onion rings and fries. The fries come "by the potato" so it is obviously as fresh as it gets. They also have the good crunchy ice for your drink. The building has been around forever, and you can see the pictures on the wall, along with some taxidermy of elk, deer and pronghorn. Take the road to Elk Mountain and it is on the left, right next to the post office. The building says "Elk Mountain Trading Company". Closed Sunday and Monday. Mingle with the locals and eat great food!

Reviewed August 16, 2016

A bit of country! Its a nice place and the food is very good the mushroom bacon cheese burger double is great, if you want it spicy hot they will make it! Its a family business so the hours are limited some times and at times it take a while to get the food but its totally worth taking a side trip into the beautiful town of Elk mountain Wyoming!

Reviewed July 5, 2016

When my wife gets hungry, we stop for food, that's our road trip rule. So on the June 11th leg of our road trip we were traveling from Cheyenne to Evanston, Wyoming and by mid afternoon my navigator got hungry. As I drove my wife/navigator poured over her iPad and told me to pull off at the next exit for the Town of Elk Mountain. I pulled off and and followed the sign for Elk Mountain - 3 miles. Since we were that close, we decided to go for it. For us the experience is worth as much as the good meal and we experienced both. The town center is three to five buildings of which The Crossings Cafe is noticeably historic. There was an extensive menu and the owner and his wife make it all. The food is very good and the owner was a very interesting person to talk to. While you wait for your food, the owner's collection of curios and antiques are everywhere. On your way into town or on the way back to the freeway, don't miss the little Community Church. Our motto, is "Get off the freeway and see America". The Crossing Cafe and the town of Elk Mountain were very worth the stop.