US$62
US$101
US$85
US$131
US$122
Prairie Inn Motel(Evanston)(Great Value!)
US$61
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 18, 2017

I was looking for a cheap place to stay on my way to my destination. When I drove up to this hotel, I had a really bad feeling about it. It looks very run down from the outside. When I got to my room, it seemed very clean and very spacious. The problem occurred when I fell asleep. I started feeling that something was biting me. When I got up and turned on the lights, I found 5 bed bugs. I know that they are bed bugs because when I squashed them, they were full of blood. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank rzman
Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

The manager who is part owner and he and his wife and son take care of it ,he works hard and is trying to make it a nice place,his partner won't release money for him to get supplies or do repairs. I stayed 2 days and felt safe and it was quiet,it's worn some but decent. He will try to make you happy

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2017

Don't believe any of the good reviews. This place smells of stale cigarette smoke, the furniture is decades old and I was really afraid I was going to catch an STD or get body lice. It was too late at night to change our minds once we got checked in, I wish we had of stayed somewhere else. I get the heeby jeebys thinking about this place... DON'T STAY!!!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2016 via mobile

We were impressed with the cleanliness of the room. We arrived late at night, it was cold outside, but the heat was on in the room and it was nice and toasty, as was the lobby. Linens were spotless and smelled fresh, that should be a given, but we've done enough travelling and stayed in enough independent motels to know that it isn't always the case. So a great experience, definitely check out the Vagabond when in Evanston!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2016

I hadn't stayed here for a few years (I've been spending the night in Evanston twice a year for the last decade as part of a regular road trip), so I was pleased this summer to see that the rooms have been completely remodeled and they now seem competitive with the surrounding motels in amenities et al. The place is clean, inexpensive, pet friendly, and convenient to nearby restaurants. There is a fridge and 4- cup coffeemaker in the room, and you can ask for ice at the desk in the lobby (there isn't an ice machine). The overall style of the motel is a little old-fashioned, which I like--it's not a corporate chain.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple