US$58
EconoLodge
Prairie Inn Motel(Evanston)(Great Value!)
US$61
TripAdvisor
All reviewsspiral staircasewafflesnew ownershipan older buildingroom was cleannice staycross country triprock springsprice was reasonablebiscuits and gravyfree wifiparking lotone night staystaff was very friendly and helpfulwould stay here againfront desk staffother hotels
Reviewed December 29, 2017

We were snowed in here this past month, (Nov. 16 & 17). The staff was very helpful, friendly and made the stay as bearable as possible. This is a tired motel, badly in need of renovation. If the rooms were in better shape and amenities and breakfast better, I would give it 5 stars. When snow accumulates on the roof dish, the TV goes out until someone goes up there and cleans away the snow. The rating is based solely on the staff and owner experience. The room rate was fair and they didn't gouge us because of the weather being so bad. There is a restaurant across the road (food was pretty good) and thank goodness it was there, we weren't driving anywhere with road conditions the way they were.

Room Tip: Evanston,WY. is not a very good stopping point on a cross-country trip, try to skip it if you. can.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

I'm not picking here but was staying here on my trip west. Disappointed that the TV did not have the fox network. Asked front desk about it and she said. Channel 6, I went back my room didn't get channel 6. Wanted to watch World Series game 2. Had to go across street to sports bar. I will say nothing wrong with hotel it's self, clean comfortable but disappointing they cut cost by not having nothing but basic cable.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Sam P, Manager at Quality Inn Evanston, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2017

Dear Valuable Guest,
I am sincerely sorry for failing to meet your expectations. We are currently in a transition stage between Television service providers and I am very sorry for the burden and annoyance. I would have gone to great measures to make it up to you , had I known about your troubles while you were in house.
Kind Regards to you and yours,
Shannon Stout, Manager

Reviewed October 14, 2017

This is an older motel, in the process of renovating. All the rooms are not completed, and unfortunately we were given one of the lesser than nice ones, even though we made a reservation months in advance, and are long time Choice members. The room had a strong odor, the carpet was stained, wall plaster chipped, and the arm chair arms were absolutely filthy (I've seen better chairs in Goodwill stores). None of the trashcans in the room had liner bags, and when I requested some, I was told that the manager considered them "unsanitary" and preferred that the cleaning staff wipe out the trash cans when they cleaned the rooms. That was a new one, and I feel sorry for the staff having to put out that extra effort for each room. The web site showed a beautiful lobby, which apparently was one of the first things re-furbished, and nice clean rooms. Unfortunately that first impression was not a prelude to a nice room. I'll give them credit for a comfortable bed. They had a good fitness room - weight bench, recumbent bike, treadmill, weight machine - but no sanitation wipes, even though there was a sign posted to wipe the machines after use. The breakfast was very good, the typical Choice style, and attendant very friendly. In fact, all the staff were very cordial and helpful, even though they had to receive comments about room conditions (mine wasn't the only one I heard). It seems to me that when a hotel is renovating in this manner, that those unfit rooms should be closed off until the renovation is complete. I credit the owners/manager with a poor management judgement, and perhaps Choice should review the advertising of their brands and ensure that all rooms are up to the standards expected. To say the least, we were disappointed and expected the typical stay at Quality Inns that we were accustomed to. I have to give them a grade of C+ and I will probably pass on this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Be sure the room has been renovated.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Sam P, Manager at Quality Inn Evanston, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2017

Dear Ron,
Thank you so much for your honest feedback. It is reviews such as yours that keep us humble and motivated. First and foremost please allow me to extend my sincerest apologies on behalf of our entire team here at the Quality Inn. Although we work hard to exceed each guests expectations we realize that sometimes we fall short despite all our efforts. And I am sorry we failed you Sir.
Our hotel does have some age that most believe to be character and potential. I myself am excited about our renovating plans for the future as we have some big ideas! Please don't count us out yet, we hope to have an opportunity to redeem ourselves in your future travels.
Kind Regards to you and yours,
Shannon Stout, front desk manager

Reviewed October 9, 2017

Regular hotel for one night only.
Rude General Manager, does not respond to a simple hello from the guest.
Good room.
But, Security doors in corridor open all night
Breakfast was not replenished, and when we asked.The general manager came, but very angry.
There are other hotels across the Avenue and the same price.
Do a search.
I will not be back in this hotel

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Sam P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Evanston, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Dear Guest,
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our entire team here at the Quality inn for failing to meet your expectations. Please allow us to make it up to you. In attempts to make it right we would like to request more information about your stay. Please contact us directly at the hotel as soon as possible.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

the staff was very courteous and the rooms were great. A nice quiet place to sleep. it was close to town and plenty of eats near by. as far as adventuring the Unita mountains offer all types of recreation activities such as hiking, biking, motorcycle riding , horseback riding photography opportunities. a great place to make a side adventure only 20 min from Evanston

Room Tip: best rooms are on the inside and out back
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple