All reviews devils tower hitching post small town black hills great cabin including tax located within walking distance satellite tv red rock cafe in town horse pasture stayed here for one night ponderosa cafe a great place to stay main building rooms are clean stay there again
Reviewed February 11, 2018

Had no clue what to expect. Hulett is just a stone's throw from Devil's Tower. My family and I stayed at the Motel so that we can get to the Tower at sunrise. This is a surprisingly lovely motel. The woman who checked us in was wonderful and quite perky for being midnight when we arrived. Thank you!

Stayed: August 2017
hulettmotel, Owner at Hulett Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Thank you for your review! Glad you enjoyed yourselves in our little town!

Reviewed November 12, 2017

Well, I would love to rate this place 5 stars but unfortunately there were things to make me give it 3. First the positives...staff was awesome and super friendly. Place was super clean n neat. The town was tiny n sweet with an old time feeling that I liked. Negatives..well, the day before our trip someone called n said our chalet (#14) was having issues so we would hated to take #13 which had a full bed instead of queen. No other choice but to accept it. Got there n chalet was cute, but omg that bed was awful!!! Like sleeping on a trampoline that you felt like you were going to bounce out every time you moved. I am 5'2" and my feet hung off, hubby is 6'1" n he was hanging way off, poor guy. Bathroom was smallest shower ever n you could not bend over...was bad. It was hunters week n they were so loud n annoying, parking next to us (both other chalets were empty yet they parked huge diesel trucks a couple feet from our door) and every morning at 530 they started up trucks nlet them run for 15-30 min...boy that sucked n I know it is not hotels fault but they should never let them park there!! Toilet barely flushed. And even when we turned heat off in chalet, it stayed 80 degrees inside so in 20 degree cold, we had to have windows open. Now, like I said, it was cute n quaint but maybe we would piuck Best Western next time (they had no rooms). Maybe would stay here in regular room because they were so friendly but never in chalet again...or at least not this one lol.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

We do apologize for having to move your room, however there was damage to the cabin that was not able to be repaired by the time you arrived. We are relatively new to the lodging business as owners and appreciate the feedback so we can improve the undesirable issues our guests suggest. We are currently remodeling several rooms. As for the time of year, yes, we are very busy during the hunting season and sometimes have little control of vehicles and the noise they make. Perhaps we will see you again and can improve your experience!

Reviewed September 6, 2017

After a long flight into Gillette, followed by driving all day through N.E. Wyoming, the peaceful setting at this small motel was very welcome. We were in Room #11 - a nice cabin facing the Belle Fourche River. The staff was very welcoming and the entire place was quiet and relaxing.very good. The beds were comfortable and the shower head (always one of my yardsticks) was If we have occasion to find ourselves in Hulett on another of our trips - we'll definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the river if available!!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

So happy you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you down the road in the future!

Reviewed September 3, 2017

In 1989 my Father and I made a four week road trip which included a visit to Devils Tower, and we stayed here. In August, my wife and I came to the US to see the Total Solar Eclipse, and chose to stay here as it was fairly close ( 3 hour drive...) to our viewing location in Glendo, WY, and I wanted to go back to Devils Tower. Couldn't have made a better choice! We had one of the three riverside chalet rooms, and found it very comfortable and quiet. We had a five night stay, during which time we saw the Eclipse (fantastic!!), and drove into South Dakota a couple of times. Hulett itself is a very small town, but has two great museums and several good eating places (would recommend the "R Deli" for a breakfast sandwich). One night we had a rainstorm which cut the power to the town for a couple of hours - hope it didn't affect the opening of the Motel's new Ice Cream parlour...! Thanks very much for your hospitality, and we look forward to a return visit in the future.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom chalets face the Belle Fourche River
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your reveiw and are thrilled to know your visit was great! Thanks again! (The ice cream shop is up and running now!)

Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

We rented the cabin on the Belle Fourche river and the extra $10 was great! Woke up to a dozen deer on the river drinking our morning coffee! Rooms are comfy! Not big but comfy! A/C worked great! 9 miles from entrance to Devils Tower! Only complaint is 10am check out

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
hulettmotel, Owner at Hulett Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2017

Love those kind of mornings! Thanks for staying with us!