“Outstanding Everything” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Jackson
Nashville, Tennessee
“Outstanding Everything”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

This was our fourth visit to the Rusty Parrot Lodge. It is outstanding in every way. It is on a quiet side street in Jackson, yet you can walk to everything downtown. The service is outstanding. The restaurant is outstanding. They go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need and that you are comfortable. The room is very comfortable and the bathroom is enormous; I had plenty of room to store all my "stuff". Great stay!

Room Tip: We had a room on the lower level, which is one of the least expensive rooms, and it was wonderful...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Noblesville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I was sorry not to submit this for consideration for the recent "spa winners" e-mail I received. The accomodations are excellent, the food exquisite, the staff friendly, helpful, and accomodating and the spa a wonderful treat. The town itself is another world! This was my second year back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed at the Rusty Parrot in celebration of birthdays and our 20 year anniversary. We couldn't have made a better choice. The location is fabulous - walking distance to all that downtown Jackson has to offer. We ate one breakfast and one dinner in the restaurant - probably the best meals we have had EVER! The staff is completely accommodating and friendly, the rooms comfortable, and each day we were there it felt more and more like home. Spent one wonderful morning at the spa - massage, scrub and facial - a must do if you're in Jackson! Thanks, Rusty Parrot - we'll be back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

My husband and I visited the Rusty Parrott in October of 2011. It was one of the best lodges I have ever stayed in. Friendly staff, exquisite dining, and the most comfortable rooms ever. Complete with fireplaces which the staff will start for you! We will definitely stay there the next time we visit Jackson Hole! You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs since that is always my preference when staying in a lodge or hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank doxgal
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

My wife and I visited Rusty Parrot for a week in January for some skiing. I decided on booking this hotel based upon the wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor. I really could not have chosen better. The hotel is small, 30 rooms, which allows the staff to make you feel like you are the only guest. It is a 4 diamond AAA rated hotel. The service was truly outstanding, and I have very high expectations. The staff were friendly and helpful from the bellboys to the front desk.
The location of the hotel is decent. No panoramic views, however it is within easy walking distance to most major restaurants and the rest of the town. It is also only 1 block away from the bus line. We didn't rent a car, and frankly didn't need one, unless you want to go looking for animals. Summertime is likely different, as you would probably want to drive around and explore more. They supply a shuttle in Denali 4 wheel drive that takes you to the mountain at 8:45 am and returns at 4pm.
The rooms were clean with a rustic feel, even though the hotel is very new. I found everything to be clean and the bed was ridiculously comfortable. I slept like a rock. I would HIGHLY recommend booking a room with a fireplace and a Jacuzzi. It was so nice to soak after a day on the slopes. We also asked for wine glasses which they happily supplied, and enjoyed a wonderful bottle in the room.
When you return from a day on the slopes they will take your boots and gloves and dry them overnight! The bell-boys will also start your fire for you, they do use a propane blow torch, which is cheating in my opinion, but I'm just splitting hairs.
Do NOT miss breakfast at Wild Sage it is awesome!
There is 24 hour complimentary coffee (Snake River), which was surprisingly very tasty. Snacks are provided on the 2nd floor in the afternoon by the fireplace.
In summary, Outstanding service and value. I look forward to my return visit!

Room Tip: Chose a room with a fireplace and Jacuzzi.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Fishingmd
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

Our family just returned from a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend spent at Rusty Parrot. The entire staff is outstanding. They could not be more helpful or knowledgeable about the area. The front desk staff truly wants you to have a great day.
The property has tasteful, understated decor. The hotel is very well located for a stroll into Jackson. I highly recommend a "Wyoming Coffee" for an after dinner treat.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Bradley F
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

After mulling over where we wanted to honeymoon, my husband and I opted for a ski vacation to Jackson, Wyoming. My husband wanted to surprise me, so I had no idea where we were staying, but after a long flight from NY we were eager to relax and unwind.

When we pulled up I can't say I was that impressed. The lodge looked small from the outside and was located in a residential area, but close to the town. Boy, were looks deceiving. Right when we walked in, we were greeted by the staff by name and offered fruit, chocolates, coffee and cookies and a seat right in front of the HUGE roaring fire. The staff immediately whisked our bags to our room, offered to light a fire, and took our dinner reservation. As another reviewer noted, while the staff do greet you by name, they have just the right amount of attentive-ness. Not in your face and annoying, but courteous, helpful, gracious, and they will cater to your every whim if need be. We had one of the rooms on the lower level with a hot tub. The bed was very comfortable, albeit the seating area was a bit cramped as the hot tub was located right upon entering the room. I spent a lot of time in our room soaking in the tub, but there is also a rooftop hot tub which was lovely at night with the snow falling around us.

The lodge is close to town so we were able to walk around during the day or get a drink at night. We pretty much ate at the on-site restaurant, Wild Sage, where the food was fabulous and the ambiance cozy and intimate. And what I mean by that, is that there are only about 6 tables so you can eat in peace and never feel rushed. The food was fantastic. One night we had lamb chops and they are still the best we have ever had and we're from NY and have lots of opportunity to have delicious (and overpriced) meals. The breakfasts were also amazing and the afternoon cookies and coffee were decadent and really hit the spot after a day of skiing.

We did use the spa there and again, our massages were second to none. After an insane day of skiing, I felt like a new person! I should also mention what a nice touch the turn down service is. Each night there was card or stationary with a whimsical little poem and some chocolates. And ladies in case you're wondering, they use L'Occitane Lemon Verbena toiletries and refresh your supply daily.

We did quite a bit of sight-seeing while we were there: saw the Elk refuge, drove to Yellowstone, saw a couple ice hockey games. We actually did not ski at Jackson Hole, but instead went to Grand Targhee, which we really enjoyed. We also did some hiking and snowshoing around the Tetons. The Rusty Parrot was amazing and really made our honeymoon special. We hope to go back in the Spring/Summer so we can see the town when it's not completely covered in white!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank NewsgirlNYC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
1.6 km away
The Wort Hotel
#10 of 41 in Jackson
12.9 km away
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole

Been to Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa? Share your experiences!