“Unforgettable Honeymoon!”

Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Fletcher, North Carolina
“Unforgettable Honeymoon!”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Rusty Parrott, and I must say that all the wonderful things that everyone has posted on Trip Advisor are true. The Rusty Parrott exceeded all expectations and is miles ahead of any other luxury hotel that we have spent any time. The staff genuinely cares about you and does everything in their power to make your stay more comfortable. From brining you fresh spring water every day to building a fire in your room’s fireplace, the experience was phenomenal and we couldn’t have asked for a better honeymoon experience.

Now our journey from Myrtle Beach, SC to Jackson is another story, as we were delayed in Denver, to canceled flights, lost luggage, eventually flying to Idaho Springs, only to rent a car and drive the last leg of our trip to Jackson. But it was all worth it. We arrived a day late to the Rusty Parrott, and to our surprise, the staff greeted us by name as we walked through the door. The hotel was beautiful and rustic, with a wonderful sitting area in front of a fireplace on the second floor, where they put out daily coffee, cider, and cookies. They also provided free ski shuttle services to Teton Villiage every morning and can organize any outing or adventure you can think of.

Breakfast at the RP was absolutely fantastic. We were there for a total of 9 nights, and every morning I tried something different from the menu or the daily special and I was never disappointed. You could certainly tell that the restaurant staff was top notch, as every detail was perfect, not to mention delicious. We also had the pleasure of sitting next to the Governor of Wyoming during breakfast, as he was also a guest at the RP.

We also ate dinner at the Wild Sage and were seated in with a view into the kitchen. My wife and I joked that we felt like we were on the set of a TV show, like Top Chef or something, as they prepared the food with mastery of their skills. From the appetizers to the main course, the food did not disappoint, and I do not believe that any choice from the menu would have been excellent. This was one of the best restaurants we have ever been.

We also were able to partake in a romantic spa treatment (couples massage) during our stay. Again, the staff was perfect and professional in every way. We had our massages side by side in a private room with a fireplace roaring and soothing music to relax.

I would have to say that our honeymoon at the RP was the most wonderful experience we have had as a couple. We will definitely return, as the Town of Jackson, the people, the atmosphere, and landscape were so inviting. But most of all, our experience at the RP will be one we remember for the rest of our lives, and we only hope we can return to have more memorable moments.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a private balcony, or close to the lounge and hot tub to limit your distance walk...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank josephlaps

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Del Mar, California
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Let's be real, you can't give everything 5 stars, no one would believe you. There was nothing that was lacking at this small hotel. The service, the location, and the staff really stand out as exceptional. The rooms were clean and well appointed. Nice treat to have coffee on the landing by our room before we were ready to go down to breakfast. And even nicer to have sweets on the landing after we returned from our day out. Can't comment on the spa, I didn't have any services, I wish I had!

Room Tip: Do you want a view of the hill behind you or a view of the park across the street?
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Carlolita
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 April 2012

This was our fourth visit to the Rusty Parrot Lodge. It is outstanding in every way. It is on a quiet side street in Jackson, yet you can walk to everything downtown. The service is outstanding. The restaurant is outstanding. They go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need and that you are comfortable. The room is very comfortable and the bathroom is enormous; I had plenty of room to store all my "stuff". Great stay!

Room Tip: We had a room on the lower level, which is one of the least expensive rooms, and it was wonderful...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Noblesville, Indiana
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I was sorry not to submit this for consideration for the recent "spa winners" e-mail I received. The accomodations are excellent, the food exquisite, the staff friendly, helpful, and accomodating and the spa a wonderful treat. The town itself is another world! This was my second year back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Minnesota
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed at the Rusty Parrot in celebration of birthdays and our 20 year anniversary. We couldn't have made a better choice. The location is fabulous - walking distance to all that downtown Jackson has to offer. We ate one breakfast and one dinner in the restaurant - probably the best meals we have had EVER! The staff is completely accommodating and friendly, the rooms comfortable, and each day we were there it felt more and more like home. Spent one wonderful morning at the spa - massage, scrub and facial - a must do if you're in Jackson! Thanks, Rusty Parrot - we'll be back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Arkansas
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My husband and I visited the Rusty Parrott in October of 2011. It was one of the best lodges I have ever stayed in. Friendly staff, exquisite dining, and the most comfortable rooms ever. Complete with fireplaces which the staff will start for you! We will definitely stay there the next time we visit Jackson Hole! You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs since that is always my preference when staying in a lodge or hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank doxgal
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 22 January 2012

My wife and I visited Rusty Parrot for a week in January for some skiing. I decided on booking this hotel based upon the wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor. I really could not have chosen better. The hotel is small, 30 rooms, which allows the staff to make you feel like you are the only guest. It is a 4 diamond AAA rated hotel. The service was truly outstanding, and I have very high expectations. The staff were friendly and helpful from the bellboys to the front desk.
The location of the hotel is decent. No panoramic views, however it is within easy walking distance to most major restaurants and the rest of the town. It is also only 1 block away from the bus line. We didn't rent a car, and frankly didn't need one, unless you want to go looking for animals. Summertime is likely different, as you would probably want to drive around and explore more. They supply a shuttle in Denali 4 wheel drive that takes you to the mountain at 8:45 am and returns at 4pm.
The rooms were clean with a rustic feel, even though the hotel is very new. I found everything to be clean and the bed was ridiculously comfortable. I slept like a rock. I would HIGHLY recommend booking a room with a fireplace and a Jacuzzi. It was so nice to soak after a day on the slopes. We also asked for wine glasses which they happily supplied, and enjoyed a wonderful bottle in the room.
When you return from a day on the slopes they will take your boots and gloves and dry them overnight! The bell-boys will also start your fire for you, they do use a propane blow torch, which is cheating in my opinion, but I'm just splitting hairs.
Do NOT miss breakfast at Wild Sage it is awesome!
There is 24 hour complimentary coffee (Snake River), which was surprisingly very tasty. Snacks are provided on the 2nd floor in the afternoon by the fireplace.
In summary, Outstanding service and value. I look forward to my return visit!

Room Tip: Chose a room with a fireplace and Jacuzzi.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Fishingmd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
0.3 km away
12.8 km away
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa - A Noble House Resort
12.7 km away
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort

Been to Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa? Share your experiences!