“Feels Pre-Fab and Cold” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in Jackson
denver
“Feels Pre-Fab and Cold”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Title says it. The hotel is clean, but the building feels like it is straight from the factory. What ski hotel does not have a hot tub?

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank snydro1
WBCGM, General Manager at White Buffalo Club - Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
I am greatly sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your recent stay. All of our rooms have full air conditioning as well as heat. We do not currently have a hot tub in the building, but as you may not have known, all of our guests do have complimentary access to indoor pool and hot tub nearby. I hope that you had a great time while visiting the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Stayed at the White Buffalo Club in Jackson last August. It was the worst experience I could imagine. First of all, it is a Time Share club that has 'gone bad.' In other words they couldn't sell them so they converted it into a hotel. But they don't really know how to run a hotel. The room carpeting was very dirty. There was no soap in shower. It was set up like a Time Share - no surprise there. There was a plunger dispenser of hair wash in the shower. Ditto for the soap. No hand soap in the wash basin of the bathroom. The windows looking out were filthy. All in all it is in a sad state of repair. I definitely would recommend that you stay someplace else.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Vince L
I am shocked at your review and greatly apologize that your experience at our hotel was not to your liking. I also apologize greatly that you were upset before arriving, at our cancellation policy. Due to Jackson being a destination location with low percentage of last minute bookings, most hotels do not allow cancellations within 48 hours of arrival.

Our facility and staff go to great lengths to make sure that conditions are at the utmost cleanliness and will try to look into why last August your room was not this way. Being a hotel, we have a large amount of supplies for our rooms at hand. I apologize that these items may not have been in your room as that is not normal protocol.

We are a small 17 room Boutique Hotel and do not offer time shares or partial ownership of any kind. All of our rooms do have washer and dryer and some even have full kitchens, so I can see how this may have been confusing.

I hope your travels are well and one day you may give us another chance, as your experience here was not the norm.
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Very well maintained and manged resort. Very nice rooms with king size beds, flat screen TVs, slate and granite bathroooms, etc. Front desk staff were efficient, accessible, and helpful at every opportunity. And, though small and quaint, it has all the important amenities of a large, impersonable hotel, including a top notch restaurant and workout facitities. First class!!!

2 Thank GordonDude
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

The WBC has to be the best place to stay in JH. The food is amazing, staff is pleasant and helpful, and the location allows you to walk to restaurants, bars, gaming establishments, and shopping. The work out facility is first rate. I have heard the spa is terrific but since the bar is between the lobby and the spa I never made it. Beds are fantastic and the rooms are spacious and very well appointed. Can't wait to stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask politely.
1 Thank Islndmvr
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

I thought the White Buffalo Club was everything and more than I expected.

Staff-at check in was friendly and fast. Harry was super accomodating calling places and asking questions for us. Also found me an urgent care that was open on Saturday because I became ill while there. But the location is one of its best points because you can walk to all the restaurants and shops in Jackson in 5 minutes. Also the fitness center was fabulous. I didn't get a chance to take yoga class, but did take one pilates class that was very good.

Rooms and Bathrooms were large and our double King had a very large soaking tub that was awesome. I also was able to peek in one of the kitchen suites and would definitely upgrade to that next time. Did miss having a mini fridge to keep a few things cold during our stay. Parking garage was an extra nice touch and never had problems with finding parking spot. Beds and linens were nice and very comfortable.

Restaurant was good, but not amazing in my opinion. Truffle fries were greasy and so were the crispy Brussel sprouts served with the trout. The USDA sliders were OK, but were not served with anything (lettuce, onion, garnish?) Macaroni and cheese was pretty dry! Staff at the bar was friendly, and happy hour was nice with 2 for 1's. But they were out of a few things I tried to order and a noticed that happened to a couple other people too.

Only problems we did encounter during our stay was our Dog sledding excursion did not get booked and girl at front desk supposedly left a message, but no message or no missed calls from hotel? If I hadn't gotten ill this would have been an error that would have ruined our trip. So definitely confirm any reservations are in fact confirmed. The way we found out was when we asked the night before what time they were picking us up. Quite a surprise to say the least. Also I had upgraded my massage to a 80 Minute, but I guess massage therapist didn't get notified so I only got 50. So might ask before you start just to make sure you are getting what you want! Massage was very good though, and room was nice.

But overall I would definitely stay there again!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Bad parking construction crews taking all parking in the back lot. Asked numerous times if they could have the move so we could park and it never happened.
We ate I the restaurant to eat and the service was horrible the manager was very very rude. It took two hours to get our food then were yelled at because we wanted our check to be split. It was awful.
The rooms are noisy and we actually had to move once be ause the vents were so loud we could not sleep.
We were here with a large group of people and none of us were happy. Spend your money somewhere else this place is not worth it.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Janicednel
Thank you for your recent review. I apologize that are parking facility was not up to your standings. Due to being a smaller hotel in downtown Jackson our secure garage can not fit over-sized vehicles. I greatly apologize that the large trailers with your party could not fit in our additional parking lot behind building due to the other vehicles parked in the lot. We try very hard to accommodate every request and apologize that we were unsuccessful this time.

Your feedback in the restaurant is greatly appreciated. We strive here to provide a high standard of customer service and rude behavior by staff is unacceptable. Our Prime Steakhouse located on premises does get very busy and unfortunately does have a policy of not allowing parties greater than six to split checks. This is due to the length of time it takes to accomplish the task. Even though this policy exists, you should never be treated in an off manner and I apologize that the staff came off as such.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write your review as it is always appreciated.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here at the end of February and absolutely loved it. The staff went above and beyond to be helpful. The staff at the in-house restaurant were all very friendly and they have a great buy one get one free happy hour drink deal. The spa was excellent too. My wife, who is pregnant, got two massages and they were able to accommodate her even with the pregnancy. The room was very nice, big bed, spacious bathroom and closet. Jackson is a small town, and the hotel is only 2 blocks from the main square, so all the big shopping and dining spots are walkable. The only negative, if I had to be nit picky, was that the hotel bar/restaurant didn't open until 5 pm, so no early drinks there. All and all an excellent stay and we highly recommend.

Room Tip: There is construction going on in a nearby lot, so maybe ask for a room that does not face the const...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple