See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our first visit to Wood's Landing was back in 2010. My husband, stepson and I (along with our dog) all stayed in Cabin 2. The minute we arrived and saw the rustic cabins - we new we were in heaven! The Laramie River was right behind our cabin and provided hours of entertainment for my stepson and dog. We had campfires and cooked every night over the open fire - just as our ancestors had once done. You can hear all sorts of wildlife - coyotes howling and all. The wash house is just a short distance away so water, showers and toilet are convenient. The rooms were small and quaint, just as one would expect from a historic cabin. My favorite memory though was at night, while we were laying there ready to go to sleep and just talking and laughing. No TV, no phones, just us.

One month from today and we are going back to visit again - can't wait!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank cabo6424
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed again at Woods Landing this summer, now twice in 2 summers. This time in the Aspen cabins, which are great; clean, comfortable, wonderful beds, kitchenette, and a nice porch that the sun shines on in the morning, just right for rigging up my fly rod. We had the grilled salmon for Friday dinner, a really nice meal, with baked potato, veggies and salad. The restaurant and bar are a historic site. The service is very nice and prompt. Even left my shoes on the river; the folks mailed them back to me!! Being at Woods Landing is a little like taking a step back into the old West. We'll be back again, maybe twice next summer. Thanks, Alan, Boulder, Colorado

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Alan355
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This stay was 2nd week end of September, the dance hall had nothing going on. Not sure it would have been enjoyable anyway because they allowed smoking. The campground was just a small gravel parking lot for cabins. Electric service was only 30 amp. Also as noted in another review the owner/manager was not the most friendly person. Also the dump on the wrong side of the road.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bullwinkle63
woodslanding, Owner at Woods Landing Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

As advertised, we have 10 RV sites with 30 amp service, water, and a remote dump with access to the bathhouse. We try to limit occupancy to 5 sites in order to prevent overcrowding. RV customers are encouraged to visit the RV area before checking in and if it doesn't meet their expectations they are free to leave at no charge. Neither of the owners had the pleasure of meeting the party that posted this review so their reference to the "unfriendly owners" is completely unfounded. Smoking is allowed in the bar and dancehall but the cafe is smoke free.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

While the historic Squirrel Creek fire came close to this beautiful historic dancehall and cabins, the heroic efforts of volunteer firefighters saved the place. Don't expect air conditioning in the cabins - you are in crisp, clean air of southern Wyoming. Friendly staff. Check out the newly hand crafted Aspen cabins if you want a quiet place to sleep with a private bathroom. The only disappointment was the drought has diminished the flow of the Laramie River next to the resort. Great hiking, especially to see the remains of the fire to the west. Thanks Bill and Sue!

Room Tip: Aspen cabins are new.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank watertraveler2010
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I've stayed at Woods Landing before and am never disappointed. I stayed in the new Aspen cabins this time instead of the rustic cabins and it was wonderful. Everything was clean and nice looking. The bed was comfy and it was so convenient to have the bathroom and kitchenette right in the room. I was able to do some cooking in the room but had the option to go down to the cafe and bar some of the time. The whole experience was fun and relaxing. I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo