See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 15, 2016

I have been coming here since 1970 - stopping at the bar for a drink, eating an occasional meal. It's gone through a lot of changes in that time - I'm sure you can still find a rowdy Saturday evening crowd on occasion, but tonight we went for dinner. I've been watching the Facebook posts about the specials and we decided to give it a try. WOW! We went in through the bar and at first our hearts sank because there was a huge party in there and we thought oh, the service will be slow in the restaurant...boy, were we wrong. The service was excellent, the people friendly (as always - I don't know how those other people acted that they received an unfriendly reception, but you know they say you get what you give?) - anyhow the gumbo was terrific - I mean, really? Chicken and crab gumbo in Woods Landing, WY? But there it was and it was great - as good as New Orleans or any I had in SC. Definitely check this place out. We live in Centennial in the summer so we didn't check out the rooms or anything, but the location is gorgeous and I just have a feeling if the restaurant is so improved, well, the rooms probably are too!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
woodslanding, Owner at Woods Landing Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2016

Thank you jrayda! Our chef, Aaron, has been doing a great job introducing some interesting and delicious specials. We are so excited that you came in to give them a try. Please come back! We'll keep posting the weekly specials on FB and on our website.

Reviewed September 29, 2014

Had a wonderful stay here with my parents. It's definitely a funky place in the middle of nowhere, which is exactly what I loved about it. We stayed in the house right on the river and loved it, then I stayed on in one of the tiny one bedroom cabins without bathroom. The house is worth the extra money, even if you are only two people, just because it is so cozy and comfortable and also because breakfast is not served in the dining room unless it is Sunday, so,being able to have your own food is a must, unless you don't mind driving a long ways for breakfast. There is a jeep trail that leads out of the property and up into the hills for some fantastic scenery. I hiked up there for a few hours every morning and never got tired of it, it was just so beautiful!

Room Tip: Small house on the river is worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank hibiscus6
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Every time I come back home to Wyoming; this is a must stop at least once (usually more). I can't speak for the lodge, but the restaurant / bar is great! Woods Landing's green chili cannot be beat. I've heard it's award winning and rightfully so. This is the best green chili I've had. There's no where in TX, AZ, or NM that can touch it.
The staff is always friendly and attentive and treats you like old friends. If you're traveling through, stop by. Beautiful views, great food, friendly down home folks. A hidden gem next to the river in the mountains.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank R. Thomas A
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at Woods Landing several times. We’ve stayed in the River Guest House with family and in Aspen North on our own. Aspen North is the perfect rustic and romantic getaway. The kitchen has everything you need, and the gas stove is cozy in the winter.
There is great cross country skiing and show shoeing just up the road at Chimney Park. Snowy Range Ski Area is about an hour away.
In the summer months Woods is a great home base for hiking the magical Snowy Range. These mountains may not be as imposing as their neighbors in Colorado, but they are just as beautiful, and not nearly as crowded. For peak baggers, the Medicine Bow Peak trailhead is only about an hour away. We love this place!
The historical Woods Landing Bar is an amazing spot to unwind after a day on the slopes or trails. Locals and visitors can be found enjoying a snack and drink while chatting up the bartender.
Don’t forget the café, especially the green chili and homemade pies.

Room Tip: The "Aspens" have bathrooms in the room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Morgan L
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our first visit to Wood's Landing was back in 2010. My husband, stepson and I (along with our dog) all stayed in Cabin 2. The minute we arrived and saw the rustic cabins - we new we were in heaven! The Laramie River was right behind our cabin and provided hours of entertainment for my stepson and dog. We had campfires and cooked every night over the open fire - just as our ancestors had once done. You can hear all sorts of wildlife - coyotes howling and all. The wash house is just a short distance away so water, showers and toilet are convenient. The rooms were small and quaint, just as one would expect from a historic cabin. My favorite memory though was at night, while we were laying there ready to go to sleep and just talking and laughing. No TV, no phones, just us.

One month from today and we are going back to visit again - can't wait!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family