“Very tired property”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Rock Springs
FULLERTON, CA
“Very tired property”
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Wow, i wish I had been able to check out Trip Advisor before booking this room, I never would have done it.
Poor parking, tiny bathroom, smoke filled towel (in a non-smoking room), flat pillows.Said it was pet friendly yet had no place for my dog to take care of business.

The employees were great, what a shame they don't have a property to be proud of.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BEEHAVE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Spiders in room, bugs in bathtub, carpet filthy, human hair on bathroom floor, mold around tub and toilet, dust thick enough to write a three page letter on, white stains on bedspreads.Complained to corporate offices and was told the local manager/owner needed to take care of this. I didn't like paying to sleep in filth and asked that my money be refunded a total of about $24.00 was redeposited in my account. Please travel on a little further to find a motel cleaner than this. Have photos of the filth in case anyone is interested.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Rock Springs hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 7 September 2011

First, BIG kudos' to the great, friendly staff. That was the best part, really.

FAR FAR FAR overpriced for a completely worn-out motel of yesteryear (as in 1950). Lots of trash and butts strewn everywhere. The room was basically clean, or as clean as I suppose you can get a room that's had 75,000 people sleep in it. I smoke, but I never smoke indoors - I felt like I was in a room that'd been used for a week long, 24hr poker game complete with cigars, pipes and chain-smoking cigarette smokers.

Did I say the staff was super? Under the circumstances, it sure helped.

I have a HUGE problem with motel franchises like this that miraculously get their annual inspection by Econo Lodge and are allowed to continue to rip-off the general public. It's tantamount to a B-Felony in my humble opinion - there's something criminal involved in allowing places like this to stay open for business. Where's the state Health Department? Shame on Econo Lodge - you higher-ups need to be forced to LIVE in your crappy motels for a year in EACH ONE you allow to operate in this fashion.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Please don't stay here. There is nothing good to say...
-The parking is difficult and not well lit
-Our nonsmoking room was filled with cigarette smoke
-The mattress sank down
-The bathroom was TINY
-The floor was gross
-The wi-fi was slower than a turtle's pace
-The sheets and pillow cases felt unwashed
-The breakfast room was TINY
-The only thing worth mentioning is that they had bacon for breakfast...but it's unhealthy anyways...

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Munich
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Even when it was Memorial Day weekend, the price was not appropriate for that hotel. But anyway the prices in Rock Springs are high. The outside of the hotel was a little bit strange, it looked quite old. The room itself then looked nice. But I was disappointed by the lack of cleanness. The chairs looked so ugly, that I put a towel over it before sitting on. So I guess, when beeing again in Rock Springs I will not go there again. Wifi was free, but very limited.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 March 2011

Price and familiarity are the two reasons I stayed here. My vehicle had broken down so I didn’t have much choice as in which town to stay. I had someone check the internet and found that the Econo Lodge and nearby Days Inn were the cheapest places in town to stay, my corp pricing wasn’t even close in this town.

Room was nothing special for the price, but this is the going rate for this town. (It was also a little closer to the airport so my taxi would be less in the AM)

Restaurant is in the same building, Santa Fe Southwest Grille see that review.

Even though I had plenty of time, I still didn’t go for their breakfast. That is one thing that has not changed in the 3-4 years since I’ve been here. I remember last time the ‘crew’ filling their plates before heading out to the job. They have one thing you don’t see often, bacon. Plus eggs, and the other usual items for a motel.

Took pictures to keep the write-up shorter.

Front desk was pleasant both in the PM and in the AM.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Checked in here after 4 nights sleeping in a tent in the tetons and just needed a place with a bed and shower, so we weren't expecting a lot. Even with low expectations, was still disappointed. Front office clerk was friendly but had to go back to the office twice because key cards wouldn't work. The clerk changed us to a room by the stairs which was noisy and left us wondering what was going on in the room next door with constant traffic and crying children. In the room, trash cans were still full and food was still on the ground in between beds. Bathroom and shower were covered in small hairs and the shower head wasn't built for regular sized individuals. To top it off, right after getting in the room we received multiple phone calls saying we had a complimentary 'good time' for whoever was staying in this room. They kept saying for me to let them in and that they had been paid $200 for this service. I finally said no and quit calling this number and they stopped. Fork over the extra $20 and stay across the street or somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2010