Natural History Museum - Western Wyoming Community College
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

I love that you can get close and really see the details of the fossils absolutely amazing self tour or in groups.

1  Thank destineyskorcz7

Reviewed 1 January 2017

We were waylaid in Rock Springs, WY for a day in a half, because pieces of my wife's car started falling off. I'm not going to say I'm GLAD it happened, but at the very least, there's worse places we could've been stranded!

The "museum" is spread out throughout one of the college's buildings. There's a dinosaur in the dining hall, for example, and one right outside the college bookstore. There's also a lot of assorted other things here, too, like replicas of cave paintings; big slabs of geologically important rocks; and a room full of dead animals. That was probably the weirdest part of an already weird day--bleary eyed, we stumble into a room full of stuffed bears and lions and owls and, I swear to God, a mouse. The tiny head of a tiny mouse, mounted on the wall.

OH! And I forgot about the Easter Island statue outside the building. Maybe I should up my star rating; this place was actually great.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

This museum at WWCC was especially interesting in the animal section, but there wasn't much information on each species or behaviors. The dinosaur bones and collections were enormous and very awe-inspiring. I would recommend for a quick walk through the museum/campus.

1  Thank Emmy B
Reviewed 12 August 2016

The museum only had three dinosaurs, a stegosaur, triceratops, and the largest, most complete ichthyosaur I've ever seen. I had hope for more natural history items, but was thrilled with the three dinosaurs. Still worth the stop.

Reviewed 6 August 2016

This museum is not your typical museum. Some objects are in a "room" but others are around the building. Having a tour guide made the experience more informative.

Travellers who viewed Natural History Museum - Western Wyoming Community College also viewed

Rock Springs, Sweetwater County

Been to Natural History Museum - Western Wyoming Community College? Share your experiences!