US$95
US$120
US$90
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$73
All reviewshead wranglerriding experienceguest ranchfly fishingcocktail hourtrap shootingother guestsnon riderswestern ridingnose to tailexperienced ridersriding abilityeach eveningwestern experienceslide showgourmet foodwild mustangs
Reviewed July 29, 2016

My daughter and I just got back from The Hideout this month. What a fantastic time we had, it was beyond our expectations. The Scenery was unbelievable, the Food Scrumptious, The Staff Excellent, Horses were Awesome. I can not say enough great things about this place. It was so great we booked it again for next year and we are counting down the days, just a year away...... I feel it was so worth it, I'm 56 and not getting any younger, so I said "LETS DO IT", GO FOR IT...while I can still get in the saddle. They made it all so easy for us.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2016

My husband and I just returned home from the most amazing vacation we could have imagined at the Hideout. The property and rooms are beautiful, the food is great, the staff is super friendly and the scenery is absolutely breathtaking. This Bucket List trip was worth every penny. The manager Peter is warm, welcoming and actively involved with the guests and activities along with his lovely wife. Beyond Expectations!!!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2016 via mobile

What a great experience we just had with family and friends!! A luxury ranch for riders from advanced to no riding. It is not just a vacation, it is being immersed in the world of cowboys, cowgirls, Western culture, and the expanse of our country. Add to that gourmet food, great rooms, flexibility in your activities each day and you have a rare find. I am from the east coast. We just don't have this kind of thing!

My husband, 14 year old son and I went to the ranch with friends. We ranged from advanced riders to non-riders. Well, they are now riders! As a group we took advantage of the fly fishing, trap shooting, archery, four wheel off road tour, cattle herding, private lessons and of course trail riding. And the trail riding is across the most glorious vistas you will ever see.

On hot days ride in the mountains and cooler in the high desert. If you are an advanced rider like me, the wranglers will take you for a lope while the others continue on their trail ride. My riding lesson that I requested was very helpful making the transition from dressage to western. I rode Tex. He is an advanced horse and very well trained responding to every cue. My son rode Flash who was perfect for him. He is a rider. And my husband rode Jaws, named such because he likes to eat.

The horses are clearly cared for. Tom, the Head Wrangler, is a professional horse handler and trainer and supervises this part of the guest ranch. . Rebecca, his wife was our first contact and ongoing organizer and manager. Both were very courteous and extremely knowledgeable.

Marjin, co-owner with her husband Peter, and his aunt Paula, created and runs this great guest ranch and leads many of the trail rides. She gives guidance to riders to improve riding skills and gives you a great guest ranch experience.

The other guests were very interesting and we had a great time. The international flavor of the ranch increases its appeal. Don't hesitate! You won't regret going here.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Lori W
Reviewed June 24, 2016

Top 10 things we best love at the hideout (in no order)

1. Our horses- Chief is the best horse ever - confident– comfortable ride – well behaved – but Zach says Romeo is the best looking and Spider was very grand looking (I am bias with this list as Chief was my horse)
2. Dinosaur Dig – once in a lifetime priceless experience- Lisa/Alex and Dan were so good at explain the process of Dinosaur digging and we got to take a piece of bone with us!
3. The gourmet meals and service team were awesome- my fav was the key lime pie which was so good and we live in Keys Florida so we know our key lime pies!
4. The landscape and scenery amazing.. It was surreal and overwhelming in a good way- I think everyone should put Wyoming on their bucket list
5. The wranglers were all very interesting and competent – I learned about apple orchards, Mining, Honduras, Life here in the winter, life as a fireman, Mosquitoes , and much more
6. The guests- meals were so much fun and all the guests had amazing life stories and interesting conversations and were all fun to be around – I am so thankful for FB as now easy to keep in contact.
7. The rooms were spacious and cool and the team did a great job of cleaning up after us and keeping the dirt from finding its way into our beds.. The porch was my fav spot to sit and catch up on work stuff after a long day
8. The beds are so comfortable! It was so hard to get up each morning as I want to just keep sleeping and the sheets are so soft and nice texture.
9. All the activities were fun and was good variety – and good to try new things- was easy to be adventurous
10. The ranch is so well run! They like it look so easy but I know a lot goes on behind the scenes as to make something appear smooth means a lot of process and mgmt behind it! So congrats to Micheal Keaton , Rebecca , Peter and Mirjin & Paula

Room Tip: all rooms are awesome
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank KDST
Reviewed June 22, 2016

Where to begin? Hat's off to the entire staff. All are caring, attentive and well trained. They went to great lengths to ensure we enjoyed our stay. Tom & Rebecca were always helpful. Tom's wrangler crew is top-notch. We could also tell that the horses are carefully selected and well trained. My wife, having ridden only twice before was made to feel comfortable and secure knowing that she was in safe hands with Tom's wranglers keeping an eye on her. We enjoyed the varied rides and the beautiful landscapes. The 4x4 ride with Peter was especially great...

Peter & Marijin are truly wonderful. We felt like house guests! The food, service and accommodations are 5 Star! Our small group stayed in the Cassitas and were more than pleased. Clean, nicely appointed and the view was great! The entire facility is clean and very well maintained.

We could go on, but would run out of room. A BIG thank you to the gang at the Hideout! You were wonderful. Having traveled to many locales through the years, I can honestly say that the week at the ranch was #1.

Jim & Fran