“Great place to eat!”

Country Kitchen
Ranked #61 of 82 Restaurants in Sheridan
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I always stop at Country Kitchen whenever possible, I love their skillets and onion rings. I have never had a bad meal there.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

June 4, 2017 - Approximately 7:15pm. We are here in Sheridan, taking care of some business and wanted a meal out somewhere. It had been a long, hot day and we didn't want to microwave it in the motel room. Where to eat that wasn't outrageously priced and open on a Sunday evening? Voila!! Country Kitchen.

The restaurant is attached to the Exxon Gas station building. You can't enter the restaurant from the gas station, but the building is attached. So it is kind of like a truck stop restaurant (if you will).

We enter and it is wait to be seated. The place looks like any other truck stop restaurant basically. This place, as you enter, can seat to the left or to the right, with the cashier in the middle at the front door.

The hostess/waitress asked if we wanted a booth or a table. We chose a booth and she led us off to the right as you enter and seated us by the window.

The booths are roomy and fairly nice. There is plenty of space between the seat and the table, even though the table cannot be moved.

Our waitress for the evening was Shaylee. She arrived at the table within 10 minutes of us being seated and asked for drink orders. My husband asked for coffee and I brought my own water.

After a few minutes, Shaylee checked back for the meal orders. My husband ordered a Patty Melt and asked for it Medium Rare. He also asked that the fries be changed out for Onion Rings, which they did at no extra charge.

I had the Biscuits and Gravy with Eggs. I asked for my eggs to be poached and she said that they could not poach eggs, but would baste them if that was okay with me. I said 'sure, why not'.

The Patty Melt was good according to my husband. The Patty Melt was indeed Medium Rare and the Onion Rings were done well. Not too hard or too crisp.

My Biscuits and Gravy were a little on the spicy side with good size chunks of sausage in it. The eggs basically at the end of the day were the equivalent to Sunny Side Up. The yolks were runny and the whites were basically solid. I could easily place one egg on a knife and move it on top of the biscuit, if that tells you anything.

For desert, we planned to split 1 slice of Apple Crisp. This comes A La Mode.

Not being able to finish my meal, we had it put in a 'to go' box and had the desert wrapped to go as well (including the Ice Cream). The containers were quite adequate and the Apple Crisp was warm.

The Apple Crisp, once we sat down to eat it was okay, nothing stand out about it, but it was okay.

Shaylee did a good job at not coming around to check on us too much. She had a good sense of humor and was quick on the up take. She had a good disposition and made us feel as if she wanted to wait on us.

I think the thing that bothered me the most was the fact that the restaurant had an overall feel of being dirty. You couldn't SEE dirt so much as you could feel dirt. The waitress station, which was right across from us, hadn't been wiped down in I don't know how long. The floor was dirty and needed a good vacuum. Which, they were vacuuming at one point while we were there, but I don't know where. I think vacuuming during meals is rude personally. They make the roller sweepers for a reason. You come out, use that on the trash and walk away, no vacuuming sound.

Out the door the bill broke down this way.

Patty Melt - $9.99 (including Onion Rings)
Biscuits & Gravy - $7.29 (including 2 eggs)
Coffee - $2.19 (bottomless)
Apple Crisp - $4.29 (A La Mode)

Total - $25.19

Would we eat there again? Maybe. I won't say no. But it also wouldn't be on the top of my list of places to go either.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

We needed to stop for fuel and food and did not want fast food. Country Kitchen looked like a place to try. The food was pretty ho-hum and the service was a bit spotty. Probably would not eat there again.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Stopped in because I was on that end of town, and hungry. Took a few minutes to get seated, but once I was, it started out well. Ordered the turkey dinner, with soup, mashed taters, and a soft drink. The drink was served very quickly, soup followed shortly. The soup was tasty, and the dinner arrived before I could finish it. Seemed awfully quick to make a meal, but you never know till you try it. The turkey looked nice, but was not even warm, and was still dry. The stuffing seemed like it was stove top stuffing that had been sitting a bit, also very dry. The taters were lumpy, the gravy was pretty much tasteless. Never saw the waitress till I finally gave up trying to eat it, as the soft drink was gone before half the dinner. Took the ticket to the register, and the cashier seemed to have an attitude, very sarcastic tone, have to wonder if it was due to the small tip I gave, for the lack of service?

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Stopped in on Mother's day, got seated and they took my drink order. Didn't see anyone again for 20 minutes. Waitress asked if I knew what I wanted ( no greeting). Took my order and drink order again. 20 minutes later, food comes, no drink!
Not check back at all. 30 minutes later a walked to cashier and paid. No check.
I won't be back.