“We'll be back for the location, cool decor, great hot pool and cafe with dedicayed kids toy corner!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort

Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Teton Village
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

Worth the extra dollars for the great location and amenities. We had a suite with separate living area and kitchen which was excellent with a toddler. We'll be back!

• Stayed January 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We loved Jackson Hole, excellent skiing, but our stay at Hotel Terra made our stay! Upon arriving at Terra we headed to our massage appointments in the spa, what a great way to start our vacation! I had one of the best massages ever, and I am particular. The spa had a hip, but inviting vibe, with delicious teas to relax with before and after. We did not hit the rooftop hot tub there, but it it looked fun. Our suite was a true delight with views of not only the ski mountain, but of the valley and of the area referred to as "the commons" with lots to look at, a bonfire, and an amazing snow castle sculpture which children and adults were having fun in to name a few. I could see the tram throughout the day while I enjoyed coffee by the fireplace in my room. The decor was modern, but warm and friendly, definitley not the cold kind of modern. We appreciated their efforts toward the environment, especially in that they are situated in one of the most beautiful environments in the US...The hotel staff that we interacted with at the front desk, bell stand and at the Terra Cafe were also friendly and warm, just like the hotel! I forgot to mention that our suite also had a view of the other hot tub, more like a hot pool, from another window, it did invite even more hot tubbing, and with a view of the commons as well. Fun, friendly, and pretty perfect. I loved returning there after a day on the mountain. We will be back, and I can't wait.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Madison, MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

Hotel Terra is a perfect spot for those who appreciate attention to the environment as well as visual detail. Clean, sleek, and close enough to everything you need, while stlil having your personal space -- makes this a truly enjoyable place to stay while concentrating on the slopes. The Mangy Moose is close, and the in building Il Villaggio Osteria is a more elegant, but still lively place for a great Italian meal. The staff (with the exception of one person who didn't care to deal the [crucial] need for a corkscrew -- the only male staff at the desk I talked to) was amazing -- "No" was not a word they had in their vocabulary. A low-key jewel.

Room Tip: You can virtually ski in, but will need to carry out to the slopes. Not a big deal.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Suffolk County, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

Was very impressed with the look, feel and service of the hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We loved the location and the Terra Cafe and on-site restaurant. The elevator was a little quirky, but eveything else was of the highest quality. Highly recommend if you want the best Jackson Hole has to offer.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Wisconsin/Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

We stayed at the Terra over New Years to celebrate our anniversary. They had a bottle of champagne awaiting us with a personalized message from the concierge. The room is great and includes ski boot driers. The beds are remarkably comfortable. The outdoor hottub is fantastic. The spa is excellent as well. The ski valet is very convenient allowing you to not have to trudge your equipment through the hotel back to your room. There was a washer/dryer on our floor.

Room Tip: The view of the parking lot is not great so try to get something slope side if possible.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ajghia
Santa Monica, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

This was my second stay at the Terra. Rooms are clean and modern. This time, we had a spacious suite with a spectacular view up the mountain, although the standard rooms are perfectly suitable as well. Staff is super friendly and knowledgeable. Rooftop hot tub is the perfect way to end the day. Spa area is a bit small but totally zen and sufficient for my needs. The Osteria is delicious and the staff is warm and accommodating. Although the cafe is not a sit-down restaurant (who wants to sit down for breakfast anyway when there is so much to be enjoyed outdoors) makes a mean latte. Can't wait to return, hopefully soon.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
hong kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

What can I say - this place beats Four Seasons or Snake River Lodge hands down in terms of location, service, decor and value. We first stayed at the Terra in 2010 and loved it so much we looked into buying an apartment there and came back in 2011. Let me try to sum it up - we stayed in the studio apartments with a kitchen:

1) Decor - modern, sleek, fantastic. Our room had a fireplace and full kitchen (utensils, oven, toaster, espresso machine, dish washer... everything you need for a home-cooked meal). I'm not joking when I say this kitchen is fantastic. Not only have I whipped up meals (salads, steaks, stir fried dishes) in the kitchen, I also made a Christmas turkey (stuffed and baked) and various desserts (crumbles, cheesecakes) in this kitchen.

2) Service - this being our second stay, the reservation people made the effort to give us exactly the same room that we had last year - going the extra mile since we enjoyed our room and our stay so much last time! Then there's the friendly staff there at reception and concierge that are always available to help. Our trip this year was booked somewhat last minute and they helped us secure as many restaurant reservations they could - we gave them a list of the ones we wanted to go to, which days we wanted to eat out and they worked it all out for us. On NYE, we were unable to secure a last minute reservation, so I cooked at home (yes, it's THAT comfortable, I consider that place my second home!) and needed a soup. Being lazy and not having a blender, I called Osteria but they didn't do takeouts that night - I called concierge, and they called all the nearby restaurants and located one that did takeouts that night, and ordered the soup for me. Then, they charged the soup to my hotel bill and delivered it to my doorstep. How's that for service on NYE??? Andrew used to be a ski valet last year and is now in charge of the valet dpt and works on other stuff as well - and he remembered us - we walked past and he called out to us - now isn't that nice?

3) Room service: See above (#2) regarding staff overall. Also, we came back early one day from skiing and walked into the room while they were still cleaning the place up. They have 2 people tidying up the room every day. And "tidying" is to put it mildly. One of the guys was standing in the bathtub scrubbing it - and I felt bad telling him not to bother as I didn't use the bathtub last night! The kitchen utensils (despite the amount of cooking i've been doing) are always spotless.

4) Restaurants: (a) Osteria serves the best pizza ever. Truffle fries were better last year I think, but the mains are great as well. Saw Julianne Moore in the restaurant during lunch as well. Highly recommend reserving for lunch and dinner if you want to dine at a decent time and avoid waiting 30-45 minutes!! (b) Terra Cafe serves a fantastic breakfast - pancakes, burritos, oatmeal (I never thought I'd LOVE oatmeal but I do now!) and smoothies. Best ever. Makes you want it all day.

5) Jackson Treehouse: has cool equipment but more suited for snowboarders than skiers. They have demo skis but have only a few to select from...

6) Hot tubs.... They have a very nice hot tub on 6/F of Phase 1 (the main building) - it'll fit 6-8 ppl and overlooks the Shooting Star range - very nice view, and unblocked view at that. There's also one on top of Phase 2 that people normally don't know about, that's much larger as well (but doesn't have as nice a view).. so if the one on 6/F is too packed, head over to Phase 1 (there's a connecting bridge between the 2 buildings) and pop up there instead.

Cons:
The only con I can think of is that they moved the ski valet from the old place (right by the entrance of phase 1 - near Sothebys) to an indoor place right between phase 1 & phase 2, which means you now have to carry your skis and walk an extra 20 steps. However, it means that the ski valets don't have to stand outside in the cold and don't have to move the skis indoors and outdoors every day, so I guess in the greater scheme of things, less convenience for us but better working conditions for the ski valets...

I really can't say anything more about this place - it's like home to us - and we'll definitely head back again year after year!!! All in all, unbeatable value when you compare what you get for your buck compared to some of the other places (just compare the decor of the rooms and see for yourself!)

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank fifi f
12.7 km away
Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa
13.1 km away
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole

Been to Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort? Share your experiences!