See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 3, 2016 via mobile

Stayed a Friday night on our way to the Badlands. Yes the room was a little outdated. Yes the bathroom was outdated. But neither of those matter to us. The price was right for sure at under $50. My wife likes a firm bed and I like a softer bed so I slept very well. Shower was hot with very good water pressure. Wish my home toilet had the flushing power of the room toilet. Nighttime was quiet even with an almost full parking lot and being next to the interstate. Parking lot was nicely lit, a biggie for me. Manager/owner was very nice and let us know that the town shut down by 9pm if we wanted dinner. Of course the gas station next door was 24 hours, perfect for snacks and morning coffee. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2016

Old and dated like others mentioned. But very clean overall. Was also pretty quiet there. Stayed one night on our way to Sturgis this year. Price was good for what you got. Gas station was right there so late night snacks and early morning fuel was easy to get. Every place in the town however, rolls up at 9 pm. arbys was the only thing we found to be open at 9pm.

Room Tip: We had rooms 37 and 38. Very quiet and easy to get in and out of.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 28, 2014

Hotel was old and room was not very clean, carpet was really stained. The room was in a corner of the building and very poor outside lighting. Lots of extended stay guests working in the area with their grills,trampolines,etc scattered outside. The room door had the old kind of door knob with a key and was not secure at all, plus the deadbolt did not work. We paid for the room but left because it didn't feel safe. Went to Motel 6 across the street!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl K
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed here for almost three months. Only because I absolutely had to. I was working in the power plant during an outage and so were a lot of other people so every other hotel was booked for the duration of this project. The owner and his wife are very rude. The wife cleans the rooms and will get mad at you ( in front of everybody) if your room is not "picked up" before she went in to clean. Your weekly rates are different depending on which one of them you pay to and what kind of mood they are in. I was also told if I have the lights or air conditioning on to much my price would go up $100 dollars a week! I DO NOT recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Caydeviss
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We rolled into Wheatland on August 12. 2013, on Motorcycles, The weather that day was very threatening and we were counting down the miles to Wheatland while seeing massive lightening and storm clouds building. We stopped at the Maverik and asked a lady who was working there where a decent motel would be, she said she used to work at the West Winds as a maid and that it was old but clean. We went over the to the motel office and talked to the owner who was a very pleasant and helpful man, he said the motel was old but the rooms were clean and everything worked. He said he would show us a room and that if we did not want to take it that there would be 'no hard feelings' on both sides. We went and looked at the room and it was clean and there was no bad smell. We said we would take the room, the place was filling up fast. So we went to the office and paid $43 cash, the owner gave us 3 packs of coffee for the morning and off we went.

We were very impressed with owner and his wife they were very friendly and helpful. In the morning I noticed the owner leave and then come back with cups of coffee for his stall that were cleaning the rooms, impressive!!!

So as we were told it was old but clean (and cheap), the Wifi worked as well.

Yes we would stay their again.

Room Tip: We had the last room on the very end of the L shape, can't remember the #.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple