New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Super 8 Wheatland Wyoming

Super 8 Wheatland Wyoming
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wheatland
Summerville, South Carolina
“Nice accomodations, but no perks.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2009

I was traveling with a colleague. We were working in nearby Guernsey, WY and this was the closest location with a hotel.

The service was nominal. The rooms were clean, the small breakfast was satisfactory, and when I alerted the staff to the only problem I had it was taken care of almost immediately.

The room was clean and spacious. The desk was sized nicely, and the couch was comfortable. **I stay in upscale hotels normally, and I must say the bed in the Super 8 room I stayed in was extraordinarily comfortable.**

I had two issues, one of which I reported.

One the evening I checked in, after using the toilet in my room I found out that it would not flush. Upon inspection, the chain connecting the handle and the flapper at the bottom had become disconnected. After a dip of my arm into the tank I flushed it manually. (I know it may seem gross to some, but the water in the tank is 100% clean.) I alerted the staff the next morning and it was fixed before I could get back upstairs after breakfast.

The second problem I did not report. The next-to-last day I was there, whomever cleaned my room from housekeeping decided to leave their half-consumed bottle of Sprite on my desk. I simply tossed it in the garbage. Nothing looked out of order or appeared to have been pilfered through.

I did not use the pool or hot tub, but they looked inviting.

**Be Aware** During the months of March/April, there are many contractors in the hotel due to annual cleaning/upgrading of the local power plant. They come in and go out at all hours of the night, so you may hear them while you're trying to sleep. Also, make your reservations MONTHS in advance if you plan to stay during this time period, as EVERY room is booked.

Final Comments: I would recommend this over the Best Western in town, definitely.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Colorado Springs
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2008

We were in Wheatland, WY for one night. I was traveling with my parents and my two daughters. We got two rooms (obviously!)

The rooms faced a busy, loud truck stop/gas station. If you like the sounds and associated smells of semi-trucks moving around constantly, then this would be a good choice.

The front desk staff was not real friendly when we arrived. My 12 year old was excited to give her our name and "check in" for us and it was quickly made quite obvious that this was unacceptable.

The rooms were clean. Nothing spectacular, but this is a Super 8.

The breakfast area was so crowded it was impossible to line up to get anything to eat, let alone find a seat. The set up in that room is terrible.

The worst part of this trip was we had packed up our belongings and brought them with us to the pool. We were going to have one last swim before we left Wheatland to head home. We walked from the second floor down to the pool and I IMMEDIATELY realized that I had left my cell phone on the bed in the room. I sent my 12 year old back up to the room to grab it for me, not thinking a thing about it. There was a young man (I believe the son of one of the housekeepers - it did not even appear that he was a Super 8 employee) stripping the beds. He told my daughter that there was no cell phone left in the room. She came back down to tell me this and I went up to the room and went through all of the linens and bed spreads (I absolutely know for a fact my cell phone was left on top of the bedspread) and it was GONE. I immediately notified the assistant manager who was on duty that day and she did mobilize her staff to help look. Alas, but not shockingly, the phone never turned up. She assured me that the owner would contact me to discuss this matter but he was away at the lake with his family. I advised them that I did intend to follow up on this because the phone should not have been gone from the room and I felt very violated. I immediately left and went straight to the Wheatland PD and made a theft report. I followed up with the Chief of Police to verify that they had investigated, which they did. I called Super 8 daily for a week afterwards leaving messages for the owner to call me back. I never heard a word from anyone else, except during one of my calls Tammy (I believe this is her name) told me that I should just do what I need to do. How is that for customer service?

So here we are. No contact from any of them, and I'm doing what I need to do. I recommend if you need to go to Wheatland, you might look around. Otherwise, if you do decide to stay at the Super 8, be sure to keep a very very close eye on your belongings.

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — That I was stolen from and given no help, service, or follow-up
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Springsgal
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,188 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2008

Just came back from a one-night stay at this great hotel. I usually don't stay at Super 8s, but this one definintely changed my opinion of them.

The hotel has a nicely decorated lobby in a rustic motif that is warm and inviting as well as the front desk personnel, who were extremely quick to handle my check in.

The room itself was standard, but everything was extremely clean and fresh looking. The refridgerator was a nice change from the standard hotel fridges, as it had a separate small freezer on top. The beds were comfortable and everything appeared to be in working order. The only complaint I would have would be lack of shower pressure and the sparce supply of toiletries. The only thing they provided were a bar of soap, a bottle of shampoo, and a package of make-up remover.

Continental breakfast was provided, but it's just okay. Two cereal choices, pastries, and breads.

The indoor pool was nice, but heavily clorinated.

For the price, though, the place is a great find and is close to shopping and some good restaurants.

One tip: You need to book ahead. The night we were there they were sold out and the front desk advised they had been sold out every night for weeks.

• Liked — Great hotel for the price and has a good location.
  • Disliked — Lack of toiletries
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Woodstock, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2008

Pleasant people at the front desk. Very accommodating. rooms super clean. comfortable bed. great rates whats not to like?

Stayed March 2008
Strasburg, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2008

Very impressed, they actually used matresses, I did not have to sleep on a rock!!!!

Was impressed also with the room having microwave and fridge, great for people like me who travel with food in hand.

Decent breakfast could have been better, need to offer fruit!

The only thing I did not like about it was the hard water.

Overall definite recomendation!

• Liked — The matress
  • Disliked — The Hard water
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2007

One of the better Super 8's in the area. Obviously newer.

Location: convenient off of I-25. Easy walk to truck stop/fast food restaurant next door.

Front desk: friendly and helpful.

Room. Clean and adequate.

The pool and hot tub were clean and open late.

This is a nice stop about half way between the Black Hills and Denver.

• Liked — Good stopover.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
Conroe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2007

This place was a site for sore eyes! We were heading to Cheynne (sp?) and after calling around, the whole town was booked up. We just knew we would have to drive on to Fort Colllins, CO before finding accomodations. Then there was this sign advertising the Super 8 in Wheatland. We stopped. I was worried because it was 9 p.m. and the parking lot was full. The very gracious clerk accomodated us in a very greatful way. Only one room left and it was a queen suite. She gave me the room at the regular rate. There was a high wind storm going on outside and she said "she didn't want us on the road that late at night in the wind storm, especially with a child." What a blessing she was. She even directed us to a nice place for dinner. I've never stayed ina queen room before and it was so nice and roomy in there. On our next year's vacation, when working on hotel interary, I will inquire about the price difference in regualr rooms vs. queen room. I thought the hotel was brand new, but it has been there a few years. It still has the new look and new smell to it. Very clean. Breakfast was great too. All the Super 8 I have stayed in on this trip has a computer and access to the internet to check on my email. That was nice. I highly reccomend this to anyone and will defintely be staying there again next time I drive through, in fact, I will for sure have it booked to be sure I get a room. Slept very comfortable. Very reasonbly priced too. God Bless. Sherrill Hooker

• Liked — The price/quality/bieng there when we needed a place to stay.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank SherrillHooker26
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheatland
0.3 km away
2.3 km away
West Winds Motel
West Winds Motel
#5 of 8 in Wheatland

Been to Super 8 Wheatland Wyoming? Share your experiences!