I was very happy with my stay at the Manago Hotel. The room was exceptionally clean, which deserves top honors in such a humid environment. The room was also quite simple--there was a radio alarm clock, but no tv or phone in the room. I had a 2nd floor room, and the view was beautiful. Parking was adequate, although I did have to hunt for a spot when I returned around 10pm one night. The lock on the door was only a simple turn lock, not a deadbolt, but I didn't have any problems. During the day, I could hear people, but the place seemed to settle down in the late evening; I was never disturbed while sleeping. All the daytime Big Island activities must wear everyone out. The bathroom had a shower only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Manago Hotel is located in Captain Cook Town on the slopes of Mauna Loa at an elevation of 1,350 ft. It overlooks the beautiful Kealakekua Bay, and the ancient Hawaiian Place of Refuge in Honaunau. This is an ideal location with cool, quiet nights and sunny days, where travelers can relax and sleep comfortably. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Manago Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manago Hotel Captain Cook
- Manago Captain Cook
- Manago Hotel Hawaii/Captain Cook