“private and well located paradise”
other travellers have booked this property
Patio with private hot tub, outdoor dining, gas-fired BBQ grill and yard
Entry Gate to patio Living area with double futon couch and smart TV, has ocean view
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Entry Gate to patio
Living area with double futon couch and smart TV, has ocean view
New Serta Perfect Sleeper queen bed with ocean view
Kitchenette with fridge, two burner hot plate, coffee maker, blender, filtered water
2nd kitchen counter with toaster oven and microwave. Shows door into changing area and bathroom
Smart TV with Netflix, Pandora, cable and DVD player
Patio with gas-fired BBQ, outdoor dining area, private hot tub and outdoor shower
Outdoor shower with hot and cold water, and private hot tub
Chemical-free salt pool with mermaid, waterfall and ocean view
Mermaid at pool
Private yard with ocean view
Carved dolphins at entryway
Dolphin and whale mural in breezeway entrance
Garden path
Buddha in one of the gardens
Red Ginger in gardens
Lobster Claw Heliconia in the gardens
Best snorkeling on the island at Two Step, next to Place of Refuge
Turtle and tangs, snorkeling at Two Step, just 2.5 miles away
Place of Refuge sunset, a sacred historical park, 2.5 miles away
Painted Church interior, 1/4 mi. away
Spinner Dolphins come into the nearby bays to rest and play
Volcano National Park crater plume, 1.5 hour drive from Tropical Hideaway
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
vrTB
vacaville
“private and well located paradise”
Reviewed August 20, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

I’ve enjoyed my stay at your hideaway much more than I expected. I had only planned the trip here to attend a wedding that fell through….. I decided that I hadn’t had a real vacation, with nothing to do and nothing expected of me for longer than I can remember. (if ever???) So I went ahead and came to Hawaii. I scanned the internet for something off the beaten track and your place seemed to fit the bill. At least on paper…. So you can imagine my delight in finding this perfect little nest in paradise when I arrived. I had no idea what I’d need so I threw a ton of stuff in a suitcase and figured I’d buy what ever else I needed when I got there. I could have shown up with the clothes on my back, hopefully a bathing suit underneath and I would have been fine. It’s as if I brought my little house and dropped it down in paradise. The only thing missing were my kitties to sleep with. You made it so easy to find my way around to all the best spots for snorkeling, shopping, sight seeing etc. Instead of spending most of my limited time here, trying to find my way around, my week was spent exploring and enjoying all the wonderful little bits of paradise South Kona has to offer. The little touches on your hideaway, such as the door handle on the screen door, the very comfy bed, the festive accent lighting, all made my stay not only homey and comfortable but special and festive. The perfect combination. Thank you

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the privacy
Liked least: that it took me two days to get to initially.
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Yucca Valley
Reviewed January 23, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Berkeley CA
Reviewed December 19, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Rugged travelers
harvard
Reviewed October 31, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
catsongs
BWI
“Paradise!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

If you're a five-star Ritzy hotel kinda person, this isn't for you. But if you're something of a traveler, something of an adventurer, someone who likes something a little different, this is paradise! We loved being south of Kailua-Kona, away from that scene. As snorkelers, we loved being close to Captain Cook and Two Step. As folks who cook for themselves, we appreciated the cooking facilities. Kathy is a wonderful, privacy-granting host. In addition to the "open air" architecture, we enjoyed the hot tub and pool, as well as the piles of mangoes ready for eating. Wi-fi was great. Beautiful garden. We'll be going back!

Liked best: Location and privacy
Liked least: Can't think of anything!
Paulina N
Vancouver, Canada
“Tropical Hideaway is Tropical Paradise”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 for a stay in March 2013
person found this review helpful

Tropical Hideaway is exquisite! Our 3-1/2-week stay in this charming and tastefully decorated studio was perfect - from the peaceful sound of the breeze in the palm fronds during the night, the songs of the birds each morning, the warm air wafting through the screens, the sunsets, the glow of the full moon spilling into the studio and over the garden, the fragrance of the jasmine outside, the lush foliage all around, the allspice tree to sit under... to the snorkeling a few moments away, oceanside sunsets or simply watching them from the studio, the nearby Peace Gardens (outstanding!) and Painted Church, farmer's markets, roadside fruit stands, exploring the island... heavenly.
The owner, Kathleen, is a lovely spirit who was always responsive to any questions or requests we had, and made us feel totally welcome. The studio was cosy and comfortable and provided all of the amenities described. We enjoyed the outdoor grill for the fresh-caught ono we bought at the farmer's market, and loved the outdoor shower! The other residents of the property, KT and Phil, enhanced our visit with their warmth, and our privacy was always totally respected by everyone.
Thank you, Kathleen, for creating such a peaceful haven - it's not a matter of "if" we come back - it's only a matter of "when"!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peaceful, very beautiful setting.
Friends getaway Older travelers
WideWorld...
Vancouver, Canada
“A most memorable stay!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013 for a stay in January 2013
people found this review helpful

We enjoyed our stay at Tropical Hideaway immensely. Its magical setting amidst lush jungle vegetation makes for a unique experience, so much more enjoyable than a hotel or a traditional B&B. Screen windows allow for a wafting of warm breezes throughout and allowed us to hear wonderful birdsong in the morning & evening. The well-stocked, totally self-contained unit is both quiet and private. Kathy [the owner] offered us papayas, bananas and starfruit fresh-picked from her garden, and provided much gear to make our stay enjoyable – snorkels, masks, fins, wetsuits, beach umbrella & chairs. She even took me on an excursion where I got to swim with dolphins – hundreds of them! This was one of the most exciting experiences of my life, and Kathy documented the whole thing with her underwater camera, providing me with a priceless memento of the day. We also had nice connections with Katie & Phil, staying elsewhere on the property. Along with Kathy, they made us feel as if we were visiting with friends, even though they were great about respecting our privacy. Our only regret is that we weren’t able to stay longer!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Lush setting and also the easy access to wonderful coastline!
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing