“What a great fun find!”
Review of Coffee and Epicurea - CLOSED

Coffee and Epicurea
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Great espresso (Husband) and fabulous latte (me) as well as a scrumptious strawberry scone. The atmosphere is friendly, welcoming and just easy as can be after a long drive from the Volcano Park.

All that said, we want to ABSOLUTELY applaud Dustin. Not only was he a great barista, but he was a splendid font of information about the area. This young man was a delight. His enthusiasm for Hawaii was contagious--and we were already darned excited to be on the island. He recommended a small place for lunch Da Poke Shack a few miles down the road.

I'm sorry other people did not have a good experience at this little cafe. If we had time, we would have gone back again.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Totally dissapointed, as this place came highly recommended. The pastries were below average, coffee was weak, worst cup I ever had and the facility was totally dirty feeling. Not to mention it was over priced. Save your money, honestly McDonalds is five times better...sad to say.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Oh, so sad for the past couple of visits! I used to LOVE coming here expressly for the macadamia nut sticky buns and a nice cup of coffee. We used to come almost daily and buy at least 2 or 3 buns each. They were small, gooey, buns made with puff pastry and a chewy caramel/macadamia nut topping. They were HEAVENLY! But last year, they were kind of overbaked and hard. This year, they were completely different -- now made with regular cinnamon roll dough instead of puff pastry, it seemed like. They were ok, but nothing like the buns of yore.

Bring back the old sticky buns, please!!!!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

On our way back from visiting the south of Kona sights, my husband and I stopped here about 3 PM. I’d read many good reviews on Trip Advisor about their desserts. There wasn't much variety left at 3 PM. We tried the one piece left of Lilikoi cheesecake which was good and had lattes which were not very hot. We enjoyed the outdoor seating in the back. It was a nice break from the driving and we’ll probably stop by again in the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Wife and I stumbled upon this place on the way to Volcano. We tried a cup of dark roast coffee and as regular coffee drinkers, we agree it was by far the best ever. Wish I tried the pastries, as they also are getting great reviews.