Well first of all, the grounds are absolutely beautiful. Our host, Michael was a pleasure to talk to and he really goes above and beyond to make you feel at welcome and relaxed.
The breakfast he prepares every morning is wonderful and the view is absolutely amazing.
We did not stay in the main house, but the cottage. It was well stocked with everything we needed and it was quite roomy. An excellent room choice if you have an extra person. My only wish would have been for a more comfortable bed. The mattress was quite firm and I do have some issues with my back so hard mattresses don't agree with me. That is really the only reason my review is not 5 stars.
I would recommend this place over any of the resorts or chain hotels in Kona. It was a true Aloha experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated, plantation-style B&B ideally located directly above Kealakekua Bay. Offers luxury amenities such as an outdoor hot tub, a traditional Hawaiian cedar steam, outdoor lava rock showers, a wrap-around lanai with a Hawaiian daybed, a fireplace, and an unobstructed view of the South Kona coastline! The perfect place to base your Big Island adventures! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Ka'awa Loa Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ka`Awa Loa Plantation Hotel Captain Cook
- Ka'Awa Loa Plantation Hawaii/Captain Cook