“Pancakes! 24 Hours a Day!?!?”

Ken's House of Pancakes
Ranked #8 of 252 Restaurants in Hilo
Price range: US$12 - US$12
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 26 November 2012

This local's favorite diner is a cool, fun, eclectic place to go for pancakes (or practically anything else on the 100+ item menu) 24 hours a day! The coconut pancakes are delicious, with 4 different home-made syrups (the passion fruit is great)! Service has a lot to be desired, though...

Write a ReviewReviews (2,268)

Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

My friends have been there many times and took me today. I had the Loco Moco and it was fabulous. Loved the atmosphere (very homey) and the service was great. I would definitelt go again.

Reviewed 23 November 2012 via mobile

Great hot spot in Hilo to eat at when ever. The only 24/7 diner in town, so anytime is a good time! Wonderful staff and fantastic food! Be warned- if you are there during rush hour it will get busy and noisy! Especially if people order the "sumo" sized! When you hear the gong be ready to yell "SUMO!" with the rest of the restaraunt! Must hit stop in Hilo!

Reviewed 17 November 2012

Walked from the port, (where our ship, the Disney Wonder, was docked), for lunch after a morning helicopter tour over the volcanoes. Had a sweet middle-aged lady serving us with a smile, and frequent visits with hot coffee refills. All but one of our small group ordered breakfast. One savvy (raised on Oahu) member ordered 2 very local items off the Kids' Menu (wish I had realized one could do that before I placed MY order!), Saimen noodle and loco moco! Yummy! My traditional bacon, eggs and pancake breakfast was good, and of course the syrup selections anywhere in Hawaii are awesome! Lilikoi (one of MY faves!), coconut, and the requisite maple flavored. Enjoyable meal.

Reviewed 17 November 2012

My husband and I had been told this was a "must stop" place so we were excited to visit on our trip from Kona to Hilo. What a disappointment!! The clam chowder had a weird smokey flavor. My tuna melt was not good. The turkey was hard and dry - even with the gravy. Even the water tasted off. Absolutely not worth the calories. The people were not cheery; in fact we felt like we were bothering the hostess. We will not be back and I am going to ask the concierge what she was thinking in providing this recommendation.