“YUM! Good food and a lot of it, too!”

New Chiang Mai Thai Cuisine
Ranked #24 of 265 Restaurants in Hilo
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2018

We were there as a large group and the service was okay. Water wasn't refilled in a timely manner (or at all), but the servers tried.

The food is delicious! But be warned - there's a lot of it! The Tom Kha soup was listed as an appetizer (with no price that would have indicated size) and it came out in a large bowl to share (for $13.95) among many. I was expecting a small bowl for one or two, and had I known this, I would have made the soup my meal instead of also ordering the green curry.

That said, both dishes - and everything else the table ordered - were DELICIOUS!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed August 4, 2018

Nice little local restaurant in downtown Hilo. We stopped by on a weekday afternoon and we were there with only 1 or 2 other tables. We were greeted promptly, and drinks given / order taken just as efficiently. Our food arrived about 10 mins later, for which the portions were huge! If you are not a big eater, one dish can likely feed 2 people. My wife had the pad Thai, which was good, and I had a noddle dish with their medium spice (great heat and taste!) Overall a good experience, nice location, and would return if in Hilo looking for Thai food.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

We were taken here by locals as this was a great Thai restaurant. Wrong. The service was slow and meals did not come out together and we advised them that we were not going to share our meals. I had what should be an easy dish good old red Thai chicken with vegetables. More like vegetables with a minute amount of chicken. The pad Thai noodles were different to say the least which what one of our local friends had. My partners meal came out when we were nearly finished after repeated requests for her meal. When asked they were full of excuses why her meal did not come. In Australia we would not have paid for that meal or some thing would have been taken off the bill but not here, just full of excuses. I begrudgingly gave a tip which I should not have. Try somewhere else.

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Great food, poor very slow service, bring one persons food and the other 20 min later. Dirty silverware

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

We tried this restaurant based on great reviews. Service was so slow and completely disorganized
Food was mediocre.