Conscious Culture Cafe & Big Island Booch Kombucha
Ranked #17 of 261 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: Healthy
Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

OK I had just come from visiting New Zealand where veggie options were limited to eggs or mushrooms, but still.... This place is so amazing I wish I had one back home. So many great options. And, thanks so much for mixing me a kombucha flavour. Yep, the people who work here are super lovely, relaxed and helpful. Any chance you could branch out and bring that ethos with you?!

Reviewed August 4, 2018

We had breakfast here one morning while in Hilo. My wife had the eggs benny and I had an open face ham and egg sandwich. We both had dirty Chai coffee and it was amazing!
If you are looking for vegan/gluten-free, this is definitely a must try while in Hilo. If you are not, like us, it is still worth a stop. The cafe is very quaint, but what really stands out is the care they take ensuring that all their products and all the options they offer are truly conscious and sourced in the best way possible.

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

A must do in Hilo!
This is the place if you are vegan and/or gluten-free. I am GF and it is very challenging to find a good sandwich.
The restaurant is small but cozy. Orders are taken at the counter and delivered to your table.
I ordered the ham Ruben with a side of curry kraut. That was by far the best GF bread I’ve had. It was a delicious sandwich! The curry had a little kick to it but very tasty.
My wife had a blackened fish sandwich. She must have loved it as it was gone before I could steal a bite.
We also ordered 2 flights of Kombucha. It was fun to taste the different flavors.
The only negative thing to say is regarding the young woman who we had our first interaction with as we sat at the little bar before offering our food. She was not very personable and not very helpful in explaining Kombucha.
If given the opportunity before we leave the island, we will definitely return!

Reviewed June 24, 2018

driving over from the other side of the island, I was wanting a good breakfast and a good cup of coffee, boy did I luck out and stop at this little cafe. A pour over cup of coffee, and a really good fish and egg breakfast. Service was excellent, atmosphere quite lovely.

Reviewed June 6, 2018

We ate here for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on 3 different days. My entire family enjoyed all their meals. Though this is a restaurant that serves vegan and vegetarian food, they serve meat as well. My carnivore husband was crazy about the food. He loved the homemade beet kraut and my son loved the curry kraut that came with their dishes. The kombucha was also very good-more mild than bottled store versions.