Honomu Inn(Honomu)
US$131
US$85
US$175
Agoda.com
All reviewsakaka fallstropical dreamsquichethe big islandbotanical gardenstropical decoreach morningbay windowhilo areaoverlooking the oceanplantation stylebreakfast was deliciousbreakfast areajacuzzi tubcovered patiofrench toastlovely lanai
Reviewed March 5, 2017 via mobile

We didn't really know what to expect about this place. As soon as we got there we realized we were in a really special place.
The setting is very estate like and right on the water. The rooms have a luxurious sensual and comforting feel to them. We added a night because we didn't want to leave. Our first night was one of the more basic rooms but was far from basic. The furnishings the materials and everything was top notch. The second night we upgraded only because It was the only room available. Well the first room has a Jacuzzi in the bathroom the second night it was a two-person Jacuzzi in a bay window overlooking the ocean. It was also a fireplace and a bear rug. It was over-the-top wonderful. Breakfast was fabulous and staff was courteous and considerate and helpful and I couldn't speak high enough about this place. Do yourself a favor and stay here I'm not kidding it's an extraordinary experience.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank esserguy
Reviewed February 28, 2017

I selected the Palms as a birthday and Valentines Day surprise. I had no referrals or recommendations from anyone, prior to our stay so we both felt the anticipation. The unknown can be fun and our stay at the Palms was just that; fun, relaxing, and a place we'll return to in the future. The room was clean, food was great, and it felt like home. The staff was very friendly and helpful. On your your next trip to the east side of the Big Island consider the Palms Cliff House.

Room Tip: They're all good rooms, you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2017

My wife and I stayed five nights at this Inn. We stayed in the Tropical Dreams room #3. It turned out to be a great base for us to explore the east side of the Big Island. The breakfast served on the veranda was a great way to start the day. There is no A/C so we slept with the patio door open each night. The only annoying thing is there is a rooster that starts crowing every morning at 430. The owners need to serve chicken so the guests can have a more enjoyable sleep. The scenery and grounds are well maintained. We even saw whales swimming around in the bay while we were eating breakfast. Chelsea (sp?), in the front office, was very helpful in suggesting things to do, see and where to eat. All of the staff was very pleasant. The only other negative is that the Inn is 20 mins north of Hilo which made going to dinner and having drinks a concern. We solved the problem by finishing our sightseeing and grabbing food to go. The Inn has a dining room open for guests which made it nice to end the day sitting on the veranda, eating our take out and drinking wine.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and had a decent view. I'm sure the rooms above us had a better view of the bay but I was not disappointed.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DKR1234
Reviewed February 9, 2017

I was really looking forward to my stay here, and had high expectations after reading the reviews. Certainly the location is breathtaking, and the view from the room gorgeous, but there were coakroaches in the room, which made me very uncomfortable waking on the carpeted floor. Also, I was disappointed with breakfast, I mentioned well in advance I was vegetarian but he cook forgot to bake a veg quiche, and the meat was replaced by extra fruit. So the breakfast ended up being bananas, pineapple, scrambled eggs and a muffin....For more than 300 usd a night that certainly not what I was expecting....

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Cristina M
Reviewed January 30, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stumbled upon this beautiful bed & breakfast. We had such an amazing experience Waking up every morning to a stunning ocean view along with a complimentry breakfast on the lanai was a perfect way to start our day. I loved the French toast and fresh papaya! During our stay we felt at home. Our tropical room was very comfortable and clean.
It was truly relaxing. I just wanted to say thank you to Chelsea who checked us in for your warm greeting and hospitality.
A paradise getaway!