New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Waimea
Kaneohe
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Smelly, moldy, old food in the parking area strewn about, reception area looked like someone's hundred year old smelly living room, photos on the internet are totally misleading. Threadbare linens, ancient furniture and t.v., lampshade hanging by a thread, I have never seen a hotel room as bad as this. Spent one night and got the heck out of there. Felt deceived by the photos on the internet.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank Carol W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Orange County, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

We ended up at the Waimea Country Lodge when our B & B plans didn't pan out. We were desperate for lodging, any lodging and ended up at this dump. The travel book said the place was tired but it was worse than tired.

The place was just plain gross. The bathroom was the worst with termite droppings, mold, stains. We didn't even shower. I have to say the place was quiet, the bedding looked clean as did the towels and the TV worked but beyond that, it was awful. We couldn't wait for morning to come so we could leave. As others have posted, we should have kept driving.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank oc-hootie

Travellers are raving about these Waimea hotels

Huntington Beach, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

My friend from the mainland made a reservation as nothing else was available at short notice due to the 19th Annual Cherry Blossom Festival being the following day. After my friend told me about the Waimea Country Lodge I checked the reviews on Trip Advisor. I was shocked - I thought we were in for a noisy, dirty, mouldy and spooky room! Nice surprise - we were upstairs in #117 which was a clean, comfortable room with 2 queen beds and a large bathroom with a tub. Our window looked out over the grassy playground at the back and we were able to open the window to air out the room. TV worked great. A basic "last minute" accomodation that we thought quite good value for an expensive property value community like Waimea, and in a prime location close to shops and restaurants..

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room on the second floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank 4Venetia
Gainesville, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

The one good thing that I can say is that our room was huge. Even with 2 king size beds, it was extremely roomly. We paid $119.00 for one night after visiting Mauna Kea and should have kept driving. It took forever to get hot water. There was mold in the bathroom. Portions of the wood veneer on the bathroom door were missing. The low water pressure made it difficult to flush the toilet. The sheets appeared to be clean, but were rough. The room needed painting. The only wireless service was inside the office or just outside the office.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank crawley20
Sebastopol, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

the exterior looks like a cheap motel, but the interior is worse. The carpets are worn, dirty and smelly. the sheets looked like they might already have been used, and the blankets were full of holes and stains. the whole room had an air of neglect and disrepair. Luckily the windows opened to let in the fresh island air, and the bathroom was clean.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Monique R
Daly City, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here after our trip to the Mauna Kea Summit to watch the sunset and to attend the star gazing program at the visitor center. We found this lodge from expedia and it was the cheapest and the closest among all other choices and we paid $120 with tax for the one night. We checked in late at night and when we got there I didn't have a good feeling about the place already because it looked kind of creepy. There were only a few cars in the parking lot and that showed me the lodge was pretty much vacant. The lodge looked like a cheap motel and I couldn't believe they called themselves a "resort". Our room was dirty, the carpet was filthy, there was no air conditioner but a fan, and the window couldn't be opened. There were only two lamps in the room so the whole room was dark. I had to remove the lamp shade to make the room brighter. Everything in our room was old and dated. I didn't have a good feeling about the room when we first entered but it was late at night and the room was pre-paid online to expedia so we didn't have a choice to leave. I couldn't wait to check out the next morning to leave the place. So we went to sleep right away after shower, we were both tired after a long evening of driving the Saddle Road from the Mauna Kea Summit. The next morning when we woke up, my husband told me that "something" was tugging the comfortable by his feet all night long. I didn't feel anything because I was so tired and I was a heavy sleeper. That really creeped me out when my husband told me what happened and I knew something was wrong when we first entered the room.
So the bottom line is this is a terrible motel so don't stay here, drive farther away to somewhere else like Waikoloa or you will be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank avocadoagogo
Adelaide, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

The writeup on their website was very misleading. This "Country Lodge" is at the corner of a busy intersection. The room was shabby, the desk chair seat had collapsed, and it was dirty. There was an extra charge for internet. I couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Rose D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waimea
71.6 km away
#8 of 14 in Kailua-Kona
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,623 reviews
60.2 km away
Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay

Been to Castle Waimea Country Lodge? Share your experiences!