“Little bang for the buck”
Review of The Parker Ranch Broiler - CLOSED

The Parker Ranch Broiler
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lindsey Road
Transit: There is a bus stop behind the shopping center for the Holo Holo bus.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The entrance to this restaurant really raised our expectations after a long day of driving. What followed was a real let down. Inside the atmosphere was really lacking. Service was friendly but slow, even though the place was mostly empty. The food was not what we expected. Instead of ranch like proportions, my steak was small, raw and tasteless, as was my wife's fish. The deserts, which we normally don't order but did on this night because we were still hungry, were quite good and kept me from rating this as a one star

2  Thank Tom H

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We debated over whether to try this place, or Merrimen's. Merrimen's seemed a little pricy especially for us being in our hiking clothes and 'jeep hair'. We asked a few locals on the way in and I sensed that they were holding back. Trust me, I wish they had been more forthcoming. The steaks were awful, my daughter's baked potato was as hard as a rock and what they passed off as barbeque sauce for my ribs was really just boiled down ketchup. The waitress was more than pleasant and patient with us, although she could have tried a bit harder. Granted we got there at 9:00 on a weeknight, but my opinion is that if you're not adjusting the prices, why should we have to adjust our expectations? This is the new low that we'll judge other meals against.

2  Thank Pittsburgh_guy38
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We've eaten here twice in our 2 weeks in Waimea/Kamuela. The first time, was on a Sunday evening when we were too late for village Burger. We had prime rib, which was very good. Service was a little slow, but not excessively so. The second time, we both had the catch of the day (ono), which was again very good. Service then was not slow, and both times was friendly.

1  Thank Martin B
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Super friendly host at entrance had given us tips on what to see in the area, so the next night we thought we'd return the favor and eat at the Parker Ranch Broiler. Unfortunately, it was a terrible decision. There were more employees than patrons, but we waited 10 minutes for our first beer. Then, the waitress spilled au jus sauce all over my husband's seat- barely missing him. My medium rare burger was well done and took 20 minutes to get her attention to send it back to get a replacement that was still overcooked. We ordered a second round of beers, but it never came then showed up on the bill. Only good thing was my husband liked his steak.

4  Thank Carolyn R
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Well, where to start? Arrived at 2:30 for lunch and the place doesn't look too busy yet we wait at the reception area for almost 5 minutes before being acknowledged. Finally hostess (?) comes, grabs 2 menus and takes us to a table in a dinning room with only 6 other diners. As we are seated the menus are dropped on the table and we don't see the person again for another several minutes. Huh? No mention of specials, offer of drinks. We order the brisket sandwich ($15.00) and a hamburger $9.00 (medium, please) Almost 15 mins later our meal arrives. My brisket sandwich was so small, barely 2 thin slices of meat on a hot dog bun and so rare I could not eat but a few bites. Husband's hamburger, ordered medium, was pretty much burnt. Oh, a very small order of fries which tasted like they were cooked in oil that had been used to fry fish were the side dish. Waitress left so quickly we didn't get a chance to mention the problems. Not even condiments, salt or pepper were on the table! Really, really disappointed in every aspect of this restaurant. Paid the bill, left a tip and exited the place. Would not return.... definetly!

4  Thank happy4travel