other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Waimea Town Market at Parker School Every Saturday
Kamuela Farmers Market in Waimea at Pukalani Stables in Waimea Town
Hamakua Coast Waterfall
Starry Starry Nights at Shambhala
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Very good - based on 3 reviews

Reviews from our community

Betty S
“Sad to say, but I don't think we would return......”
Reviewed September 16, 2016 for a stay in September 2015

Looked forward to the daily eggs from the chickens & veggies from the garden as stated. Got 3 eggs on our arrival...none for the remainder of 10 day stay. Veggie gardens were nothing but weeds...no produce to be found. When making the reservation I mentioned we would be celebrating our wedding anniversary as they had mentioned to do in their property description....I don't know why...it was never acknowledged. Outdoor seating area off the kitchen/dining area was very small and overgrown with weeds which contributed to alot of mosquitos so couldn't sit out for very long. We thought the kitchen was poorly equiped. We enjoy our coffee in the morning and all that was there was a coffee press which only made maybe 3 cups at a time. There was no "stove", only induction burners for cooking, which we never did master while there. They were very touchy & difficult for us to control the heat. Could only find a 7" fry pan and had to wait 2 days to get a bigger one delivered to us. Bought some beautiful steaks to grill for our anniversary only to find out there were no sharp knives to be had. Luckily we had our pocket knives packed in our suitcase. For our 10 day stay we were provided 1 kitchen trash bag....1/2 roll paper towel...no foil or plastic wrap.....(I bought some at the grocery store along with extra TP), one dish rag & one tiny dish towel. One other thing that bothered me was in the list of do's & don'ts that was provided.....laundry room availability time was something like between the hours of 2-4 p.m. I'm sorry....I'm on vacation in Hawaii....at that time I plan on being at the beach! I would have preferred to do a load when I was up at 6 or 7 a.m. before heading out for the day....and the day I do come back early to do laundry.....its being used.....I keep checking back numerous times and still being used. Afraid of overlapping my alotted time with another guest I contact the owner to explain my situation...only to find out she was the one tying up the machines...it took me 5 hours to get 2 loads of wash done. And the last negative I'll mention was we really had a bad problem with ants & roaches in the kitchen. Even though I swept the floors every day and kept the compostables in the frig so there was no "garbage" in the trash they were just horrible. It was really a shame because this was a very nice & new place.....we just did not feel comfortable there...maybe it was because the day we arrived the owner left on a 10 day or 2 week trip back to the mainland so wasn't really there during our stay to provide the material things we needed or to answer to any issues that came up. Oh....and if you are lookig for an ocean view from here...be sure to bring your binoculars, because thats about the only way you will see it if you look in the right direction at the right angle between the trees. It's really a shame that while out & about every day we really dreaded going back to this property every night.....yet while on the Hilo side of the island we had a little studio cabin up in the hills with a beautiful ocean view & couldn't wait to get back there each night.

Date of stay: September 2015
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: outdoor shower
Liked least: roaches, insufficiently equiped kitchen
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
17 Sep 2016
Hello Betty,
You don't THINK you would return????? If things were as bad as you say.....First of all wouldn't you know for SURE you wouldn't return and
Secondly......Why did it take you a YEAR from your stay to write this unfair and unfounded review? If it was really that bad....why didn't you write immediately of your displeasure? I am stumped to say the least.
I'm just going to go down the list and address each of your complaints
You were given eggs more than once
You were given papayas more than once
The WEEDS in the veggie garden outside your kitchen lanai were herbs...The outdoor seating is a table and chairs for 2
When you made the reservation we asked if you needed or wanted anything special for your occasion and you said no.
In additional to the French Press there is a pod style coffee pot and the coffee is provided
The induction cookers are state of the art...not touchy. Easy and safe to use.
We don't provide paper products and don't say we do in our listing....towels, foil, plastic wrap.
There are steak knives provided.
Sorry the laundry room was being used by our cleaning service that one time you needed it. Happy that you finally able to wash your clothes.
Ants and Roaches....those roaches are actually beetles. This is Hawaii.....a very tropical place. Pests can be a problem...even at the Four Seasons down the road...you just have to pay hundreds of dollars more to see them. We provided Ant spray in the kitchen and bathroom and that usually does the trick for a few days until you spray again......the ants find the standing water by the sinks.
As I said....we don't provide paper product except toilet tissue.....you were provided plenty for your stay.
The day you arrived one of the two owners left for the mainland.....the other owner was there during your stay and answered ALL your requests as soon as possible
We said there is a mountain view...again for about $1000 per night at the resort you can get that ocean view. If you stay here you need to drive about 6 miles to be in the ocean.
Now that I have addressed all of your complaints I have a few things to say.
On other vacation rental sites.....Shambhala Hawaii has nothing but 5 star reviews and numerous repeat guests.
You are welcome for us allowing you to bypass the Flip Key (trip advisor) payment process so that you could save money on their fee.
You are welcome for being allowed to check out late due to the departure time of your flight.
I KNOW you won't return.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
US$USD
Canada (English)
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.