“Great Local-Run Restaurant Near Greenwell Farms”

The Strawberry Patch
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Kealakekua
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

We stopped here after our coffee tour at Greenwell Farms. Modern, fresh food (including Italian and Indian-inspired options, which included vegetarian choices), great service and a home-spun, island atmosphere. A bit noisy on the highway, but the food helped us overcome that. Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Went here with family while on vacation, and this is by far the best food I've had on the island so far. I got the red curry which was spicy enough to make my nose run, and the flavor was amazing (I love spicy food). A perfect mix of fresh veggies, chicken, rice and sauce. Good portion sizes, I had leftovers to take back to the hotel and got a dessert to go. The wait for my meal was a bit long but understandable considering the prep, cook, and freshness of everything. Super cute waiter kept my water topped off throughout the meal was a plus too ;)
If I was a local I would definitely eat here often.

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

I've had 10 dishes here and they have all been excellent. With a casual country feel, the food is top chef quality. It's BYOB. Expect to spend $60+ for your full meal. Salads are great and work nicely as an appetizer. Deserts are taste but not a must have. Sauces are all flavorful and breads are especially well done

Reviewed July 9, 2017

Love going here. Everything is so fresh and the presentation is amazing.
Brian our waiter was so attentive and accommodating. Amelia (the owner and chef) is so creative with salads, curries, pastas, pizzas to deserts! Everything looks and tastes delicious!
Love the fact you can bring your own wine without a corking fee.

Reviewed May 8, 2017

Best restaurant we stopped at on the big island. Was relaxing with both indoor and outdoor seating. The staff was friendly and had no trouble answering questions about the gluten free options. They even have gluten free pasta dishes, and are very accommodating for just about any item on their menu or specials.
Speaking of which, my husband ordered the queso dip with a Bowl of a Caribbean style black bean soup. To make it gluten free, it came with gluten free crackers, tortilla chips, and 2 slices of toasted gluten free bread. Best queso dip he has ever had. The soup made the perfect follow up, as the spices and flavor complemented the dip. Both were off the special menu.
I ordered the waldorf salad and it was the perfect balance between all the different flavors.