“Good Breakfast”
Review of Black Rock Cafe

Black Rock Cafe
Ranked #11 of 39 Restaurants in Pahoa
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Can only rate breakfast, but will go back again for it. I ordered the pancake and it was so big I couldn't finish it and I do Love my pancakes! The hash brown were perfect-- crispy and crunchy!

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Although Black Rock has great food any time, you'll especially want to try out their Prime Rib on Thursdays! Succulent, tender and so flavorful is their Prime Rib. Their salads are fresh and crispy, potatoes and veggies are great! Our favorite dessert there is the Banana's Foster. It is to die for! It's the only place on the Big Island that I know of that serves it, and do they ever have it "down pat"! Their prices are reasonable, all their food has always been good, and they have wonderful breakfasts. The atmosphere is clean, but usually doesn't have music playing. It's a great place to take a date or a family.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Food is delicious, service is good, prices are great.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

They have excellent pizza here. It was quite busy and a long wait for our pizza but it was also worth.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

I only hit the Black Rock if there are friends playing their music there - gotta support my local musicians. The food is acceptable, not great. I've never tried breakfast, so cannot speak to that. Get ready for fried everything for the rest of the day.
For local 'color' of Puna, this is the place. Go for it. If you want to watch some people, this is the place!