US$150
Aloha Crater Lodge(Volcano)(Great Value!)
US$100
Volcano Inn(Volcano)(Great Value!)
Kilauea Lodge(Volcano)
US$139
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$161/night.

Volcano Rainforest Retreat(Volcano)
US$365
Official Site
US$395
All reviewswelcome basketcozy homewould stay here againvolcano areahot tubtwo nightstwo twin bedsthe kitchenthe big islandfruitgreat place to stayvolcano national parkmaster bedroomperfect locationfireplacehawaiiclimate
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We just got back from a week of traveling in Hawaii, endng our final two days at Ohia Plantation House. A more perfect place could not be found! In terms of location, value and setting it was the best way ever to conclude our trip.

This beautifully decorated, well appointed and spacious home was just right for our party of 5 (me, my husband, our teenage son and my parents). Located 5 minutes from the entrance to Volcanoes NP, nestled amongst a lush rain forest setting and 2 minutes from Volcano Village. Add to it, a sense of gracious hospitality, warm and inviting, yet non-intrusive. We could not have asked for better.

I would come back to Ohia Plantation House time and time again if I could.

Thank you Bernie and Cliff for a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Excellent, well equipped cottage, kitchen with everything you need, large hot tub, quiet location yet 5 minutes from Volcano park. And not expensive at all: after a long search I may say that this is one of the best values in the area. Bottom row: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
So why not 5*? Some personal touch is missing. The owners are working busy persons, their availability is partial. I would expect one of them, or their daughter who is also the house keeper, to come and instruct the guest about everything. Yes they have a well arranged guest guide file, and they make it clear that their availability is limited, but still I prefer to get clear human instructions, instead of a hard (and cold…) trial and error until the hot tub get hot, etc. And if you are not American (like us) and/or do not sure you know what is a garage lock, better to verify it before arriving and looking for the keys of the house for an hour (while none of their 4 phone numbers is responding).
My recommendation to the owners: keep ONE phone number as main, try to be available when guest are arriving, and see that someone is coming to instruct the guests, or at least offer to do so.
Mahalo!
Avi

Room Tip: Be sure that you know WHERE the KEYS are. Read the hot tub instructions and warm the water at least an hour before use (it takes time). Menus are not exactly as described in the manual but it can be managed.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2012

My family of four, including two teens stayed in the plantation house for two nights in January. We felt right at home. It is in a very quiet location, yet is just minutes away from the National Park. The home is decorated beautifully and is surrounded by a lush rainforest landscape. The owner charged us $160 a night, which was a bargin when compared to other high quality rental homes in the area. The home was very clean, the beds were very comfortable and the kitchen was very well equiped. It is a bit of a misnomer to call this a bed and breakfast as it is essentially a small rental house, however the owner did leave a nice supply of fruit, oatmeal, bread and pancake mix which was a treat. Also, there were a lot of little extras left behind, salt, sugar, butter jam, paper towels, etc. We also loved how the hot tub was hot and ready to go right when we arrived. Antoher plus was the washer and dryer, which was supplied with detergent and fabric softner. The only complaint I have is that there is no heat other than the fireplace and the space heater. Unfortunately when we were there the chimney needed a cleaning, so you had to be quite careful with how you built the fire to ensure no smoke drifted into the living room. I did call the owner about this, and he told me he had a appointment to have the chimney cleaned, so hopefully it will not be a problem for future renters. Mornings in the house are cold and I wished had brought warm pajamas and slippers. Had I had these I would have been 100% happy at Ohia Plantation house.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Our family (three couples and a baby) enjoyed this beautiful home while we explored the national park. Even though we were there in July, the first night was very chilly. The second night we made sure we had the electric space heaters handy.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stayed the first week of September, 2011 at the smaller cottage across the street from the Plantation House. Great 2 bedroom, 1 bath cottage. Great for 2 couples that don't mind sharing a bath or a family of four. The cottage was decorated nicely and very adequate for our family of 3 adults. The location is terrific for touring Volcano National Park.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family