“Another great visit!”
other travellers have booked this property
Enjoy bird watching from your Lanai, amid the Ginger, Ferns, and Ohia Trees....
Arriving to Menehune Mansions Covered Parking and Walkway to your protected and very user friendly Lanai.. but come on in.......
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Arriving to Menehune Mansions
(and the Menehune's own entrance!)
Living room with fireplace...  sister? snorer? little rug rats?  Sofa is a Queen sleeper...
Livingroom with TV, DVD's, CD's, Ipod/Ph Dock, WI FI, games, books... comfortable and cozy..,
Open floor plan makes this cozy cottage roomy and perfect for being together and ease with children
Breakfast noon with huge Hapuu ferns our our window
Full Kitchen, clean and bright...
King Bed with heated bedding, and birdwatching from your pillow!
Full beautiful dresser, full closet.. or 2 large luggage racks for easy suitcase use
Your gateway to your provided morning cup of coffee
Roomy Bathroom, curved out shower curtain, Hairdryer, soaps, shampoo... Iron/Board available too
Outside Mahana Mansion's Breakfast nook
Windows everywhere, looking out to the Ferns, Ginger, and Ohia Trees
Aloha Mahana!
Looking from Mahana's carport, Hune Mansion is ahead and the drive to the left
The Road out front of the Menehune Mansions
Driving out the Driveway to your next Adventure!
Hune, Mahana's sister cottage
From Hune's covered and protected lanai.. ginger, Hapuu ferns, Ohia Trees and songbirds
Hune's Livingroom with fold out Queen sleeper.. for that sister, snorer, or little rug rats!
Fireplace (gas with wall thermostat) ,dvd's,cd's,ipod/phone dock, WiFi, games, books
Open floor plan.. built to be warm and dry in the rainforest enviorment
Full Kitchen, Breakfast nook ( more seating there if needed), Highchair possible if requested..
Sleeper in action
Hune, King bedroom with heated bedding
Gateway to morning coffee, Hune style
Hune Mansion
Thank you for dropping by!!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

lbeverly8...
Brownsburg, Indiana
“Another great visit!”
Reviewed March 12, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Was so impressed with this place last year, doubled our stay time this year. Clean, cute & cozy. A lot of bang for the buck.

Reviewed December 27, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

fairedog
Orange County, California
“Relaxing getaway cottage”
Reviewed November 23, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

We recently stayed on the Big Island, and since our only purpose for being there was to see lava up close and personal for my 50th birthday, I thought a rental in Volcano would be better than trying to hump it from Hilo or Kona. I was right. This rental is tucked well off the beaten path down a narrow set of roads and is very quiet and peaceful. While it is two units on one property, we never heard our neighbors during the entire three nights we stayed.

Leslie provided everything we needed in a clean and comfortable rental unit. There were only two minor negative items. First, if you aren't staying 4 days or more you do not have access to the washer/dryer which normally I don't see as a problem. However, it rains quite frequently in the Volcano area and I think the dryer should be available to all renters whatever their length of stay.

Secondly, the shower was horrible. I realize that Hawaii needs to conserve water, but the nozzle on the shower was ridiculous. It sent out a fine mist which made it nearly impossible to get wet, by the time it reached my legs it never managed to do more than make little dewdrops on my hair. I had to physically cup my hands and capture enough water to wash my legs. Normally I'm out of the shower in 5 minutes but it took 3 times as long to shower this way. Since there are other low flow nozzles on the market that that do a good job of wetting the person while conserving water I would highly suggest that the proprietors change out that nozzle.

Except for those two minor inconveniences, we had a wonderful stay. Leslie was very communicative and always available by text. Also, her housekeeper came by on Sunday and gave us more towels and lots of good advice about the area, (very sweet lady).

I would definitely recommend this particular rental.

p.s. We stayed in the front house.

Management Response
28 Nov 2017
Aloha! I am a BIG shower person, so I am very dissappointed to hear about the shower, which is news to me. It is a low flow high pressure shower head on the showers which put out a great flow. We have notices everywhere, in house rules, rez agreement, and guest book... to PLEASE let us know right away when something isn't right so we can fix for you and the next guest. It was either the button was pushed in while someone adjusted the angle that can turn the flow off altogether.. or particles in the screen. Rats.. would've loved to have taken care of that for you. MAHALO Leslie
Shireen S
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Lovely and comfortable”
Reviewed October 30, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Perfect location to go to Volcano Park. 15 mins and you are at the crater! We stayed 2 nights. Unfortunately for us it rained a lot but it is the rain forest so rain is expected. Due to the rain and excessive low lying clouds volcano viewing in the evening was not ideal.

Leslie's place is very comfortable and clean with a beautiful yard. I just wish we had somewhere to hang our damp towels from the beach. I did not realize we wouldn't have use of the washer/dryer due to our short stay, but that wasn't an issue. I don't think they ever dried out since the temps were cool and it rained quite a bit during our two days. I would definitely come back again in the future. Be sure to pick up any food needed back in town as Volcano doesn't really have any grocery stores. We really enjoyed our stay.

Thanks for having the informational binder for guests. It has a lot of helpful information it.

Kallison2...
“Our second stay and a wonderful cottage to base your Volcano adventures.”
Reviewed September 8, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Experiencing Volcanos National Park is a must on the Big Island and it is so much easier if you base your stay nearby. This was our second stay at the Menehune Mansion. It is very conveniently located next to the park to take a late night run to view the crater at the Jagger Museum. A great place to begin some early morning hikes. It's a beautiful place in the rain forest that is clean, comfy and cozy. We loved having a kitchen to make breakfast and lunch to bring on the road. Very nice place to return after a long day of adventures. Leslie is very timely in her responses and very accommodating. She also provides a wonderful guide to help you plan your stay. Thanks Leslie, hope to return again some day!

Daniel S
“A Rainforest Delight”
Reviewed September 5, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Spent two nights here in the midst of a nine-day trip to the Big Island. We used it as a jumping off point to Volcanoes NP - unbelievably convenient to it - and also to Puna/Hilo. This cottage is the rear of two cottages on the property; the front cottage was vacant during our stay (we really liked it that way), and very much enjoyed the cool air, esp. after some warm, non A/C nights in Kona.

Bed was large and comfortable - I slept like a baby here. There's a small grocery store/gas station and a few restaurants nearby, and the owners are highly attentive and gave great directions/recommendations.

Your age range 50-64
lbeverly8...
Brownsburg, Indiana
“What a treasure!”
Reviewed May 15, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Brought my mom to HI for her 85th birthday. This cottage was perfect in every way. Tastefully decorated, spotlessly clean with thoughtful touches everywhere; from the nightlights to the groomed view out each window. Highly recommend it!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing