“Our first visit to Roy's won't be our last. Perfect.”

Roy's Waikoloa Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Waikoloa Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 67 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 February 2018

We've lived on the Kona Coast for two years and we still have many restaurants to evaluate. With friends visiting from the mainland we decided to give Roy's a try for dinner and were not disappointed, to say the least. Our server, Courtney, had "service with a smile" down pat. She was attentive but not overbearing and made many great suggestions for first timers. I had scoped out the online menu and knew exactly what I wanted--the fish trio. Roy's menu changes daily, so don't expect to find exactly what's online. In my case, one of the fish on the trio had been changed to something I'd never had before and it was the highlight of this excellent dish. My friend had an individual serving of the same fish and loved it as well. His wife had the Aloha Meatloaf, which looks like two large filet mignons, is not like any meatloaf you've ever seen, and is served with a delicious mushroom sauce. My wife, a light eater who abhors fish, had potstickers that she said were the best she'd ever had. I snuck a bite of one and agreed. A bottle of Rombauer Chardonnay and two desserts to split and we were a happy and satisfied table--for less than $200 per couple including wine. During the meal we were pleased to meet Roy's Waikoloa GM, Arnie, who stopped by the table to assure everything was up to our standards. Classy. We have added this restaurant to the top of our list of fine-dining favorites and plan to return again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,961)

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Hate to write this as some Roy’s are among my favorite places to eat on the road – which I am a lot. But overall this one didn’t seem to have much in common with the mainland restaurants and, in fact, they wouldn’t take the gift cards I have from the mainland places so perhaps they only share a name. They definitely don’t share the same tastes.

Started with the classic Hawaiian Martini and it was dull – how can that be? It was like someone forgot the alcohol. The pineapple was definitely not soaked long. Disappointing.

I like to follow with Sushi – but they don’t serve sushi here! What?

Then went with the Prix Fixe menu and choose the Charbroiled Beef Short Ribs in potatoes. The dish arrived and it was visually unappealing – two hunks of beef plopped onto top of mashed potatoes. The portion was big, maybe too big, and was just off putting. However, the beef did taste good.

Dessert was the classic Hot Chocolate Souffle – and again something was not right. It just didn’t have the ‘wow’ factor that it normally has.

Roy’s was ok but not great and for the price I think they could be a lot better.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Service and food very good , good selection of wine and bubbly , friendly staff! Nice area with beautiful shops , highly recommend

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I decided to got to Roy’s on a whim as a place that would serve meat for my new employee as well as have some seafood for my wife and I.

This is a specific review on TA for a specific dish - Yellow Fin cooked rare. I like Tuna, eat it a bunch but this was simply perfect!

Our friends from the UK enjoyed the Meatloaf as well, but that Tuna was the best of my life. Enjoy the shops and outdoor mall, then go have the Tuna and Roy’s!

Reviewed 31 January 2018

this Roy's was top of the crop along with a few others in this busy congested area of Waikoloa. we ended up here when we couldnt get into a familiar restaurant, and glad we were able to. great food and service.