This was our first time at the hilton. We had spent the previous week at the grand vacations club in a beautiful new condo and stayed our last night before flying home at the hotel. We have stayed at the Marriott many times and wanted to try the hilton. With the Marriotts beach now half washed away, we preferred the hiltons man made lagoon.
These are our impressions:
Beautiful grounds, gorgeous statues and artwork everywhere. The lagoons and waterways and boat trips were great! We dined at KPC twice, one time ocean front table with great service, but still got the order wrong twice...another time cold barely warm food. Atmosphere and service of wait staff made up for it. Sunsets were spectacular. Very pricey but very romantic and worth it! Had lunch at Orchirds. Sushi was not cold and didnt seem fresh, ate it anyway without issues. Restraunt by dolphin show had the usual burgers, was ok. Had breakfast at the cereal place because buffet had a very long wait. Cant comment on that other than it smelled really good. Lots of shopping in their promenade enough so you really wouldnt have to leave,although Im sure you would want to shop elsewhere also. Pools were large and spectacular. However FRIGID COLD! We knew this going in but wanted to experience the resort anyway. Once you got in and started moving it was ok, but far from comfortable. The waterslide was fun! Hot tubs were not hot but that was ok it just meant you could stay in them alot longer! Kids everywhere but hey you have to expect that! Lagoon was nice. Still frigid cold like pool but rented the kayaks which was fun and a safe environment to do that sort of thing in a protected area. The only real negatives would be the rooms themselves. The bed was decent but not a quality marriott bed. The room looked shabby older stained up carpet and furniture. Dingy beat up furniture and old outdated bathroom. Lanai had a beautiful ocean view. The transient room however was cleaner and less beat up so perhaps in just depends on what room you are assigned. Our room was in the lagoon tower which we wanted for the location. We would go back because we really liked the pools and the lagoon and just the fun unique atmosphere. We also enjoyed the dining at KPC and the boat ride and walk around the property at night. I would hope to get a room that is in better condition next time but other than that looking forward to it. Regarding all the complaints about walking etc, it isnt that bad if you are even in somewhat decent shape its a breeze. I would only hesitate to stay here if physically handi capped and even then if you get a room in the lagoon tower it should be very do able. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let the aloha spirit wash over you in one of the world's most beautiful resorts: Hilton Waikoloa Village - Lagoon Tower and Palace Tower. Experience the magic of Hawaii at our hotel, an oasis dotted with lagoons, pools, water slides, a wide variety of restaurants and bars, and staffed by a team of accommodating hospitality professionals who are here to make sure you're enjoying your island time. Settle into your well-appointed guest room, explore all that we have to offer, and soak up the Hawaiian sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Waikoloa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waikoloa Village Hotel Waikoloa
- Hawaii Hilton Waikoloa Village
- Hilton Village Hotel Waikoloa
- Hilton Village Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Hilton
- Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort
- Hilton Waikoloa Village Hawaii