“Great Location with everything you need”
Review of Kapaa Shores

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kapaa
Kapaa Shores
Ranked #10 of 15 Speciality Lodging in Kapaa
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Location with everything you need”
Reviewed 7 December 2008

Kapaa Shores is at a great location on the Island of Kauai. It is located on the east side of the island halfway between the north and south side making it easy to travel to anywhere on the island.

Kapaa Town where it is located is a great town in itself. It offers plenty of shopping and lots of restaurants to choose from, along with some great swimming locations. Kealia beach is wonderful, it is a big clean beach with plenty to watch but not overly busy. The water can be a little rough so be sure to watch water conditions.

As for the Hotel itself, the unit I stayed in was a one bedroom, one bath, full kitchen, living area and a small eating area. My lanai was facing the ocean which was wonderful. The rooms where very clean and the people who worked there where very nice and helpful. The hotel provided grills which was great after a long day of adventure you can just hang out on your own lanai eating burgers, watching the waves come in. The pool and the hotel grounds where kept very nice. The pool was a little small but who needs that with the big wide ocean right outside the door.

• Liked — The large Hotel room, lanai, and location
  • Disliked — No restaurant or bar on premise.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank Pockets33

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
CA
Reviewed 21 July 2008

I recently stayed at Kapaa Shores in Kauai and had a great stay. After reading the 2 reviews on here about Kapaa shores, I was a little worried, but my family has a time share, so this place was really my only choice on where to stay. I could not have been more pleasantly surprised.

My family and I stayed in a 2 bedroom with a balcony facing out to the pool and the ocean. The front desk staff was always helpful and friendly whenever we needed directions, help booking activities, or just more beach towels. It was so nice being able to constantly hear and smell the ocean from our condo, which was clean and comfortable. The condos are in a great central location, you can even walk to the grocery store and nearby restaurants. There are plenty of things to do nearby, and if not you can just take a 30 minute drive to the north shore or Poipu on the south shore. The only thing that was a little weird to me was that the 2nd bedroom (which was actually a loft) connected to a bathroom and didn't have a door, but that's honestly my only complaint about this place.

• Liked — Close proximity to the beach and other fun activities.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank TravelingIsFun11
Hawaii
Reviewed 20 January 2008

The views and the price were great! We checked in on Friday and the first weekend was amazing. Then Monday came and we were subject to the construction going on in the unit right next to us. We were then given a notice mid-week to vacate our unit so they could spray. I had to mrequest them to wait and do this until after we checked out, which they did. But the day they were spraying the message obviously did not get passed on to the workers because the barged into our room anyway to there suprise I was standing there in my robe. We noticed some money missing and one afternoon one of the maintenance workers knocked once and let himself in before I could get downstairs and he was suprised to see me. He came up with a lame excuse that he needed to see how the dryer vent was hooked up. After that we checked out, came home and called Gardne Isle Properties and they refunded 1/2 of our week back to us. If I didn't love Kauai so much I would say it was awful. But hey, you are in paradise. I just won't stay there again. Your better off at the Marriot in Lihue or the one in Poipu.

• Liked — The price.
  • Disliked — The constant interruptions.
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank hmmjem123

Travellers are raving about these Kapaa hotels

Pacific
Reviewed 16 January 2008

Hope you enjoy cigarette smoke blowing into your condo from adjoining lanais; hope you enjoy the noisy local neighbors when they decide to have a party every night starting at 10pm and running until very late or early morning; hope you enjoy a tennis court that has 5 inch gaps in the surface; hope you enjoy a ceiling fan that turned at a rate of approximately 5 RPM - needless to say no air moved around; definitely would not recommend in the heat of summer.

• Liked — Convenient location to highway and grocery stores
  • Disliked — dirtiness of particular unit and noise from adjoining property
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank redbaran1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapaa
1.7 km away
#4 of 11 in Lihue
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,243 reviews
0.3 km away
Waipouli Beach Resort

Been to Kapaa Shores? Share your experiences!